Sent with Love Saturday: Door to the Imagination Tag Set

by - 6:30:00 AM

I've always loved decorative doors. There's just something so intriguing about them and what might lie behind them. 

Handmade tags made with: P13 garden of books and new moon; Prima Marketing georgia blues and golden coast; Finnabair acrylic paint; Tim Holtz specimen stamp; lace

So when I saw P13's Garden of Books special edition pad just full of interesting and colorful doors, my imagination was sent into overdrive. This set of blue doors are what drew me in the most, so I knew I needed to have my first project be with this set of doors. 

Handmade tags made with: P13 garden of books and new moon; Prima Marketing georgia blues and golden coast; Finnabair acrylic paint; Tim Holtz specimen stamp; lace

So I started by cutting the set of doors in half so that each could become a tag. I decided to fussy cut several elements from P13's New Moon collection. I felt that the cool colors of the insects and florals really coordinated well with the doors. Next I splattered my doors and fussy cut ephemera with watered down Finnabiar metallic acrylic paint. I set these aside to dry while I worked on the next element.

Handmade tags made with: P13 garden of books and new moon; Prima Marketing georgia blues and golden coast; Finnabair acrylic paint; Tim Holtz specimen stamp; lace

I wanted to pair one of the large Specimen stamps from Tim Holtz with these tags as well. So I stamped the cicada on some white cardstock with embossing ink and embossing with black embossing powder. I then sponged some Glass Slipper ink on my glass media mat, then using a water brush marker, filled in the cicada's wings. Then I fussy cut the cicada and snipped it in half down the middle of the body. I then used some shaping tools to add dimension to the cicada wings. (I used the tools to also add some shape to the fussy cut P13 bugs as well.)


Handmade tags made with: P13 garden of books and new moon; Prima Marketing georgia blues and golden coast; Finnabair acrylic paint; Tim Holtz specimen stamp; lace

I then began to assemble my tag as I went, attaching the cicada wings under a wreath that I had fussy cut. I then layered on some Prima Georgia Blues ephemera as well as some Golden Coast flowers as well as lace and silver thread. I also pulled out some of my resin casts and applied a thin layer of gliding glue over the surface. Once nearly dry, I added silver metallic flakes over the pieces and burnished with a soft paintbrush. 


Handmade tags made with: P13 garden of books and new moon; Prima Marketing georgia blues and golden coast; Finnabair acrylic paint; Tim Holtz specimen stamp; lace

I glued on the silver foiled resin cast then glued the fussy cut insects to the resin pieces. To add a little more shimmer, I splattered both tags with watered down Liquid Pearls.

Handmade tags made with: P13 garden of books and new moon; Prima Marketing georgia blues and golden coast; Finnabair acrylic paint; Tim Holtz specimen stamp; lace

To turn these doors into tags, I used some Speckled Egg Distress Spray Stain to tint some crinkle ribbon then dried it with my heat tool, crumpling it to achieve a nice worn look. I punches some holes in the top of each door and added the ribbon. I then used a bit of Glossy Accents to add some Pinkfresh Crystals

Handmade tags made with: P13 garden of books and new moon; Prima Marketing georgia blues and golden coast; Finnabair acrylic paint; Tim Holtz specimen stamp; lace

I hope you enjoyed these tags. I really love the mix of blues and silver in the project. Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


ReplicaSurfaces

Love the background I shot my photos on? It's from Replica Surfaces, a company that makes rigid photo-realistic backgrounds. This surface is called Shiplap. You can pick up your own with a 15% discount by shopping this link. When you do, I get a small commission from the sale at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to provide you amazing tutorials and information, just like this blog post!


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.












You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!