3 Tips for Multi-Photo Scrapbook Layouts

by - 6:30:00 AM

Sometimes you just have a lot of photos that you want to include in a scrapbook page.

Scrapbook layout with multiple photos (products: Carta Bella, Echo Park, Prima Marketing, Tim Holtz, Altenew, Lawn Fawn and Scrapbook.com)

You know those times--when you just can't decide which photo to use or when you have several photos from a special event. But how do you create a scrapbook page with several photos but doesn't look cluttered? Today on the blog I'm sharing some tips and strategies for creating layouts with multiple photos 

Scrapbook layout with multiple photos (products: Carta Bella, Echo Park, Prima Marketing, Tim Holtz, Altenew, Lawn Fawn and Scrapbook.com)

1 | Keep Embellishments Minimal
A good rule of thumb is that the more photos you have, the less embellishments you want on the page. For this layout, I have four photos but kept my embellishments smaller and on the lighter side.

Scrapbook layout with multiple photos (products: Carta Bella, Echo Park, Prima Marketing, Tim Holtz, Altenew, Lawn Fawn and Scrapbook.com)


2 | Use Larger Patterns
Textured cardstock is a great way to go if you are intimidated by patterns. But if you do decide to use patterned paper for your background, stick to larger patterns or those with a lot of negative space (the space between elements). I chose two larger patterns with a lot of negative space for this layout, tearing one and using it to frame the photos to one side. 

3 | Pop It Up
Make your photos pop and draw the eyes in by matting them in a coordinating cardstock. Highlight one or two of the photos even more by adhering them to the page with a little foam adhesive. For this layout, I matted my photos in a coordinating cardstock and used foam adhesive on two of the four photos.

Scrapbook layout with multiple photos (products: Carta Bella, Echo Park, Prima Marketing, Tim Holtz, Altenew, Lawn Fawn and Scrapbook.com)

Now don't think that you have to stick to these rules hard and fast. For example, if you use plain cardstock rather than patterned paper, don't be afraid to add a few more embellishments. Remember, there is no right or wrong way to scrapbook and it's all about having fun and not being afraid to experiment!

Happy Scrapping!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.








DIY Plaid Christmas Tag made with: Scrapbook Customs Christmas Pack; P13 Cosy Christmas; Scrapbook.com frost metallic ink, smart glue; Pinkfresh Studios crystals; Tim Holtz crinkle ribbon, Distress Crayons






You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!