Love this Family: A Scrapbook Layout

by - 3:23:00 PM

Hello, my friends!  I hope this week has been kind to you.  I had my very first jury duty experience this week.  I've received notices before but this was the first time I actually had to appear at the courthouse (last time it was finals week in college).  

Love this Family:  A Scrapbook Layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland |  A few flowers and other small embellishments keep this layout simple yet sweet.

It was really an easy day as several of the scheduled trials were resolved out of court or postponed for one reason or another.  Only a handful of jurors out of over 200 required to show up were selected and I'm glad I wasn't one!  It was a good way for me to dip my feet into the experience without having to go all the way.  I admit that sometimes I'm a bit timid about new things--though my mom might say I was pretty angry the night before about having to show up.


scrapbook page, scrapbook layout, scrapbooking, family, love, nest, bird, bistro lights, transparency, flowers, Webster's Pages, Prima, Tim Holtz, Ranger Ink, Simple Stories, chipboard stickers

It did put a kink not only in my weekly schedule, but my 94-year-old grandmother's.  Any change in her schedule really messes her up.  She gets so confused and sometimes belligerent.  And I was upset that it took me away from my scrapbooking just when my creative juices were really starting to flow.  Luckily, it didn't seem to hinder me too much as I created this super cute layout that same evening.


scrapbook page, scrapbook layout, scrapbooking, family, love, nest, bird, bistro lights, transparency, flowers, Webster's Pages, Prima, Tim Holtz, Ranger Ink, Simple Stories, chipboard stickers

My sister's wedding reception was so much fun.  The pavilion we were under had bistro lights hanging from the rafters so when I saw this Webster's Pages transparency and matching paper, I just had to have it for my sister's wedding album.  I used the transparency version of the hanging bistro lights to keep the layout simple.  I wanted the focus to be mainly on the photo, especially since our Oma (grandmother) is in it.  


scrapbook page, scrapbook layout, scrapbooking, family, love, nest, bird, bistro lights, transparency, flowers, Webster's Pages, Prima, Tim Holtz, Ranger Ink, Simple Stories, chipboard stickers

We weren't even sure wether or not our Oma would be able to come to my sister's wedding.  She had recently turned 94 and her mental health has been steadily declining.  There are many nights where what she says makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  She has even claimed on a couple of occasions that she has visited outer space.  And since my sister's wedding was in the evening, we weren't sure whether or not our Oma would be mentally able to attend the wedding or reception, let alone physically able to.  


scrapbook page, scrapbook layout, scrapbooking, family, love, nest, bird, bistro lights, transparency, flowers, Webster's Pages, Prima, Tim Holtz, Ranger Ink, Simple Stories, chipboard stickers

But I'm glad to say she was able to attend the wedding and she even attended a good portion of the reception.  This sweet photo is of my Oma, mom and uncle at the reception.  We also got a great photo of my sister, the bride, myself, our mom and our Oma.  I even snapped a selfie of my Oma and I at the reception--my Oma's very first selfie!  

Helping take care of my Oma can be rough on me at times (see the post about The Vintage Wedding Scrapbook Layout that Almost Wasn't) but I'm glad I, and the rest of my family, have these little moments with her.  It makes it all worth it.  

So remember to take time to cherish the little things in life--such as a simple moment like the one in this photo.  

Products Used:

  • The Paper Studio:  Cardstock - white, black
  • Webster's Pages:   Sprinkled with Love - hanging lights overlay transparency
  • Simple Stories:  Homespun - chipboard stickers
  • Glitz Design:  Unchartered Waters - teeny alphas gold
  • Doodlebug Design:  Mini Pearls - bubblegum mix
  • Tim Holtz:  Ideology - mirrored stars, gumdrops
  • Ranger Ink:  Alcohol Ink - wild plum
  • Prima:  Something Blue - mr. & mrs., flower girl; Cradle - robin; Sunset - dark; Chalk Ink - pastel yellow

And if you love bistro lights as much as I do, make sure to download my free Silhouette cut file!  To see what you can create with this file, check out my Hello Gorgeous reveal post.  

scrapbook page, scrapbook layout, scrapbooking, bistro lights, cut file, freebie, free cut file, Silhouette cut file, Cricut cut file, svg, love, hearts


Happy Crafting!
Adrienne




You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!