Freshly Cut: A Wedding Bouquet Scrapbook Layout

by - 4:22:00 PM

Hello, my friends!  Spring is in the air...unfortunately it's a little too seasonably warm for Colorado.  April is usually our snowiest month and I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop and kill my flowers that are starting to wake up and grow a tad bit too early.  So in hopes that all that hard work I did 2 summers ago landscaping my mother's front yard and 2 summers worth of nurturing those flowers doesn't go to waste, I created a layout featuring my sister's wedding bouquet!


Caitlin's wedding was a Hillside Gardens, a little eclectic community garden with a wonderful view of Pikes Peak and lots of statues and vintage typewriters and the like scattered around the gardens.  Our cousin, the wedding photographer, got a lovely shot of the bouquet on a vintage truck and a vintage toy wagon.  

I created the wagon die cut in my Silhouette Designer Edition.  I used some Tim Holtz Distress Ink to grunge it up a bit and make it look vintage.  To fill up the wagon die cut, I used various Prima flowers, flowers used to decorate the paper lanterns that hung at the reception as well as some flowers I made with the Marion Smith Designs Bloom Impressions tool.  



Underneath the photo I clustered some of the 6x6 Something Blue papers then added another small flower cluster to the top right of the photo.  I finished off the layout with my title and a few gems from Prima's Something Blue collection.  



So here is to spring, everyone!  May there be more rain in California, less snow in Boston and may my flowers not die from frost or snow!



Products Used: 
  • The Paper Studio:  Cardstock - black
  • Recollections:  Cardstock - cream; Mulberry Paper- white
  • The Paper Company:  Cardstock - cabernet
  • Tim Holtz:  Distress Ink - black soot
  • Ranger Ink:  Glossy Accents; Perfect Pearls - grape fizz
  • Heidi Swapp:  Color Shine - ametheyst
  • Marion Smith Designs:  Bloom Impressions - flower making tool
  • Etsy:  handmade flowers from Thailand
  • Faber-Castell:  Gelatos - guava
  • Craft Medley:  Cup Sequins - black and white
  • Prima:  Something Blue - wedding planner  12x12, 6x6 paper pad, first dance, vows, honeymoon, say it in crystals; Natural Bark Shapes - flowers
And because it's Friday and the first day of spring, here is a free Silhouette Cut File!  Click the image below to download.  

free Silhouette cut file, cameo, portrait, freebie, scrapbooking, scrapbook, handmade


Happy Crafting!
Adrienne





You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!