Roll On, Deep & Dark Blue Ocean, Roll: A Scrapbook Page

by - 9:07:00 AM

Hello, all!  I've got another pretty layout for you, this time in shades of blue.  

Roll On, Deep & Dark Blue Ocean, Roll:  A Scrapbook Layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland | A monochromatic blue and white ocean-themed scrapbook page with an inspirational quote by Lord Byron makes for a stunning minimalist creation.

I mixed up Corvette, a bright blue, from Marion Smith Designs Color Lab a few weeks ago with ocean themed layouts in mind and this past weekend I mixed up Monterey, a pretty teal, just for this page.  

scrapbooking, scrapbook page, custom album, ocean, shore, coast, beach, sea, Fort Bragg, Lord Byron quote, flowers, color mists, Color Lab, Marion Smith Designs, Prima Marketing, My Mind's Eye, Silhouette Cameo, mixed media, journaling, chipboard, sustainability, environment, nature, degrowth

I kept the background simple because I wanted to focus on the journaling for this page.  It's a wonderful and insightful quote by Lord Byron.  The quote is about nature's beauty and how man hasn't been able to tame the sea.  The words used to describe men's conquering of the earth is also reminiscent of an environmentalist and sustainability stance.  It reminds me of my days working as a video editor for the feature-length documentary Growthbusters:  Hooked on Growth.  Anyway, I love nature and it's beauty so this quote really spoke to me.  

"Roll on, deep & dark blue ocean, roll.  Ten thousand fleets sweep over thee in vain.  Man marks the earth with ruin, but his control stops with the shore."  ~Lord Byron
scrapbooking, scrapbook page, custom album, ocean, shore, coast, beach, sea, Fort Bragg, Lord Byron quote, flowers, color mists, Color Lab, Marion Smith Designs, Prima Marketing, My Mind's Eye, Silhouette Cameo, mixed media, journaling, chipboard, sustainability, environment, nature, degrowth

After using the two Color Lab mists, I measured out my Thickers and planned out my journaling of the quote directly on the background paper.  I used my Silhouette Cameo and sketch pen in blue to write the quote down.  


scrapbooking, scrapbook page, custom album, ocean, shore, coast, beach, sea, Fort Bragg, Lord Byron quote, flowers, color mists, Color Lab, Marion Smith Designs, Prima Marketing, My Mind's Eye, Silhouette Cameo, mixed media, journaling, chipboard, sustainability, environment, nature, degrowth

Next I mounted the photo on 2 colors of cardstock then added some chipboard embellishments, buttons, gems and flowers, which I misted with the same two Color Lab mists.   

The end result is a minimalist monochromatic layout that I just adore!  Let me know what you think in the comments below!


scrapbooking, scrapbook page, custom album, ocean, shore, coast, beach, sea, Fort Bragg, Lord Byron quote, flowers, color mists, Color Lab, Marion Smith Designs, Prima Marketing, My Mind's Eye, Silhouette Cameo, mixed media, journaling, chipboard, sustainability, environment, nature, degrowth

Products Used:
  • The Paper Studio:  Cardstock - white
  • Bazzill:  Cardstock - admiral
  • American Crafts:  Cardstock - cascade; Thickers - Lindsay Atlantic; Twine - jute
  • Marion Smith Designs:  Color Lab - corvette, monterey
  • Fancy Pants:  Down by the Shore - button set
  • My Mind's Eye:  Oxford Lane - chipboard elements
  • Silhouette:  Sketch Pens
  • Prima:  Mini Sachet - pearl; Ana Marie - flowers mix 3; Say it in Crystals - ocean
  • Recollections:  Mulberry Roses - blue mix
scrapbooking, scrapbook page, custom album, ocean, shore, coast, beach, sea, Fort Bragg, Lord Byron quote, flowers, color mists, Color Lab, Marion Smith Designs, Prima Marketing, My Mind's Eye, Silhouette Cameo, mixed media, journaling, chipboard, sustainability, environment, nature, degrowth

Happy Crafting!
Adrienne





You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!