A Li'l Bit Feisty: A Scrapbook Layout

by - 1:54:00 PM

I've been working my way through my sister's California Trip album and wedding album with the help of online scrapbooking challenges.  This week I'm sharing with you a layout I created using the Color Stories Inspiration (CSI) challenge  Case File No. 156 and a photo of some super feisty seals at Pier 39. 


A Li'l Bit Feisty:  A scrapbook layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland | Triangle stamps, enamel dots and thread add texture and interest to the layout.




Color Stories Inspiration Case File No. 156

Instead of going for my usual shabby chic style, I used a more contemporary style.  One of the clues was triangles and I love every chance I can get to use my Glitz Design doodle rollers.  The Raven giant doodle roller in triangles was perfect for this project.  So the first thing I did to my white cardstock was ink it up with some black triangles.  


A Li'l Bit Feisty:  A scrapbook layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland | Contemporary and geometric stylings add fun and panache to this travel-themed layout.
Contemporary and geometric stylings add fun and panache to this travel-themed layout.
Then I added a few splatters of color mist and started layering on the papers.  Grey thread
is held down by the photos, enamel dots and chipboard star button.  I wanted to keep my layout mostly in the neutral hues from the challenge color pallet and add the coral and lime green in as little pops of color.


A Li'l Bit Feisty:  A scrapbook layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland | Triangle stamps, enamel dots and thread add texture and interest to the layout.
Triangle stamps, enamel dots and thread add texture and interest to the layout.
I also added 2 clusters of flowers.  The large flower on the lower right I colored with a mist I mixed up from Marion Smith Design's Color Lab.  That particular color is called Galaxy--and I've never seen another mist like it!  It's mostly a blue-ish grey but in the right light can look a little purple.  The gold flecks pick up on all the different colors and the result is pure gorgeousness!  (On Instagram she told me her son Blake came up with this color!)  If you love color mists this pack of pigments and shimmer are perfect for you.  The kit comes with a recipe card to mix up a whole host of your own color mists or you can come up with your own recipes!  


A Li'l Bit Feisty:  A scrapbook layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland | Color Lab by Marion Smith Designs allows you to create fun and exciting color mists using a recipe card or by making your own recipes.  The large flower is colored with Galaxy.
Color Lab by Marion Smith Designs allows you to create fun and exciting color mists using a recipe card or by making your own recipes.  The large flower is colored with Galaxy.
For some finishing touches, I added a die cut arrow, a banner from Basic Grey's Carte Postale collection and a lime green compass sticker.  


A Li'l Bit Feisty:  A scrapbook layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland | A banner atop the photo in a fun map print lends to the travel theme of the page.
A banner atop the photo in a fun map print lends to the travel theme of the page.
Products Used:
  • Basic Grey:  Out of Print - daily news 12x12 patterned paper; Carte Postale - garland; Baiscs - candy buttons in pink/red mix
  • Teresa Colins:  Family Stories - decorative chipboard buttons
  • Fancy Pants:  Down by the Shore - button set
  • American Crafts:  Thickers - kenise; Baker's Twine - brown
  • My Mind's Eye:  Winter Wonderland - enamel dots
  • Prima:  Rodanthe - seaboard; Color Bloom - peony
  • Heidi Swapp:  Color Shine - tinsel
  • Glitz Deisgn:  Raven - giant doodle roller in triangles
  • Marion Smith Designs:  Color Lab - galaxy
  • Authentique:  Blissful Collection - 12x12 patterned paper
  • The Paper Studio:  Cardstock - white, black
  • Other:  grey thread, crystal brads, travel stickers

A Li'l Bit Feisty:  A scrapbook layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland | The word "feisty" is cut out in a brush script and a little journaling by hand added underneath.
The word "feisty" is cut out in a brush script and a little journaling by hand added underneath.
  
Happy Scrapping!
Adrienne





You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!