String of Pearls: A Wedding Scrapbook Layout

by - 12:13:00 PM

Every bride is supposed to get a "something new" to wear down the aisle.  I knew exactly what my sister, Caitlin, would need for her something new the night she said yes to the dress.  

String of Pearls by Alice Scraps Wonderland | Soft watercolors and white gesso create a beautiful background for Prima Marketing flowers, a resin feather and velvet trinket bauble.

The soft pink centers of the embroidered flowers all over my sister's Oleg Cassini wedding dress just screamed for a string of soft pink pearls to go with them.  


The perfect wedding dress:  An Oleg Cassini with embroidered flowers with soft pink centers.
I know I've shared this photo before, but I thought I'd share it again in reference to the
beautiful flowers all over the dress with those gorgeous, soft pink centers.

  
















And when I thought pink, I remembered Prima's February PPP mood board challenge.  
Prima's February 2015 PPP

This month's PPP colors were too perfect a match to my sister's wedding for me to pass up an opportunity to be inspired by the board yet again (now that I managed to get my Oma and Opa's wedding photos scrapped in those colors also).


String of Pearls by Alice Scraps Wonderland | Soft watercolors and white gesso create a beautiful background for Prima Marketing flowers, a resin feather and velvet trinket bauble.
Soft watercolors and white gesso create a beautiful background for Prima Marketing flowers, a resin feather
and velvet trinket bauble.

As the Maid of Honor, I asked our father to buy the something new.  I figured a pearl necklace and matching earrings would be the perfect gift a father could give his little girl on her wedding day--every girl deserves to have a nice necklace and earring set from her daddy.  One day when Caitlin is old and our father is gone, it will be something to remember him by that she can have close to her heart.  


This will be one of the other photos that I scrap for her album.  Caitlin was so surprised--
she knew her something new would be a necklace and earrings from dad, she just didn't know
what it would look like.  (I had to tell Cait she wasn't allowed to
buy a necklace and earrings but I didn't want to ruin all of the surprise!)




Back to the more recent past:  I knew that a pearl necklace wouldn't distract from the lovely sweetheart neckline of the dress so they were all the more perfect.  My dad put me in charge of picking out the pearl necklace and earrings so that they would properly match her dress since he hadn't seen it yet.  Our dad didn't come with us to find Cait's wedding dress--I think he was afraid of crying too much.

This was the first time our father ever saw Caitlin in her wedding dress--in fact, it was the first time he ever saw her wedding dress!

Suffice it to say, my sister loved the pearl necklace and earrings.  The perfect "vintage" touch to her vintage-themed wedding.  (On a side note, don't you just love all her veils?  There are 3 of them all together, layered, and each one has a meaning behind it.  I'll blog about that in a later post.)

Now on to the layout.  I have been absolutely obsessed with using my mists and distress inks as watercolors.  As with all of my other backgrounds like this, I inked and misted up my nonstick craft mat and sprayed some water over it all to soften the colors and to get the mixing of colors going.  Then I swiped my white cardstock through it all so it created the lovely, drippy effect.
  
String of Pearls by Alice Scraps Wonderland | A soft pink watercolor background and lots of Prima Marketing flowers showcase this touching photo of the bride and her father.
A soft pink watercolor background and lots of Prima Marketing flowers showcase this touching photo of my sister, the bride, and our father, putting on her "something new" necklace.

I recently purchased the Prima February Special Delivery box (it had all the perfect colors for my sister's wedding album) so I used the limited edition circle stitch stamps on my background and then added some gesso with a stencil to one side.  I also used some paper from the Special Delivery box to matt the photo on and layered a cut piece of doily I had leftover from another project underneath. 

Next I layered on flowers, a resin feather, added some pink pearl swirls from the Special Delivery box as well as one of those cute velvet baubles and butterfly paperclip.  I traced two Pebbles on a piece of Something Blue 3x4 ATC, cut them out and using a gel medium, glued the circles onto the backs of the Pebbles.  I placed the two Pebbles inside the smaller circle stitch stamps.  For the finishing touch, I glued on some Swarovski crystals that I had left over from decorating the adorable Converse shoes for my cousin's Frozen Party.  


String of Pearls by Alice Scraps Wonderland | A gorgeous Prima Marketing vellum flower anchors the spray of flowers on the lower right of the photo.
A gorgeous Prima Marketing vellum flower anchors the spray of flowers on the lower right of the photo.
Prima Pebbles backed with Prima ATC paper and Swarovski crystals add a bit more sparkle and shine.  

Products Used:
  • Prima:  Color Bloom - pearl white, pressed petal, peony; 12x12 Stencil - bamboo; Delight Collection - 12x12 doilie paper; Cling Stamps - circle stitch set; Hello Pastel - say it in crystals; Velvet Trinkets - zephyr; Flowers:  Velvet Rainbow - pastel, Sunset - twilight, Mini Sachet - pearl, Radanthe - seaboard; Natural Bark Shapes - hearts; Something Blue - ring bearer, save the date, at the alter, 3x4 ATC; Resin Icons - feathers; Pebbles - large; Art Extravagance - thick gesso in white
  • The Paper Studio:  Cardstock - white 12x12
  • Heidi Swapp:  Color Shine - raspberry
  • Tim Holtz:  Distress Ink - spun sugar
  • Ranger Ink:  Archival Ink - jet black
  • Recollections:  paper doily
  • Swarovski:  AB Xillion Crystals - rose (in varying sizes)

String of Pearls by Alice Scraps Wonderland | Details of the Prima Pebble backed in Prima paper, the limited edition Prima circle stitch stamps and the butterfly paperclip.
Details of the Prima Pebble backed in Prima paper, the limited edition Prima circle stitch stamps and
the butterfly paperclip.
Happy crafting, my friends!
Adrienne












You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!