B is for Boat Scrapbook Layout

by - 5:00:00 PM

Another week another challenge over at Color Stories Inspiration!  This one is for the major case file, number 154

Detail of B is For Boat scrapbook layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland. 

CSI case file #154

I was inspired by the alphabet and nautical elements and thought this would be perfect for the photo of the boat in San Francisco Bay that my sister and her husband took while vacationing in 2014.  




I started off with a base of thin chipboard and then layers of gesso.  I painted the gesso on then used a stencil.  I misted just a little bit of color spray over it.


I also used a fun paper from Basic Grey with stripes in it for part of my "evidence."  For my journaling I used different types of lettering--a Thicker as well as some small letter stickers.  

Detail of B is For Boat scrapbook layout by Alice Scraps Wonderland.

For some pizzaz I added buttons and brads, a few gems, some twine and flowers.  


Products Used:

  • Scrapbook.com:  Thin Chipboard
  • Die Cuts with a View:  Industrial Chic Stack
  • Basic Grey:  Clippings - herald 12x12 paper; Basic Kraft Collection - office tabs
  • Prima:  Art Extravagance - heavy gesso in white; 12x12 Stencil - stain
  • K&Co:  Life's Journey - embossed stickers - random
  • My Mind's Eye:  Collectable - Remarkable  "Day" decorative buttons
  • Simple Stories:  I Heart Summer - decorative brads
  • Fancy Pants:  Down by the Shore - buttons
  • Studio Calico:  Wood Veneer Shapes - sailboats and anchors; Opaque Gems
  • American Crafts:  Thickers - marquis in red; Jute Twine - black
  • Recollections:  Mini Flowers - white
  • Heidi Swapp:  Color Shine - chartreuse

Happy Scrapping!
Adrienne





You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!