Bridal Shower Gift: An Engagement Scrapbook Page + a Free Cut File!

by - 5:02:00 PM

It's apparently wedding central for my family--my sister got married this past summer and now my cousin and bonus sister (much nicer term than step-sister!) are getting married this summer.  


Bridal Shower Layout Gift by Alice Scraps Wonderland | Handmade flowers really add to the personalization of this scrapbook layout.  Little pearls add a bit of bling to the whole thing!

My cousin just had her bridal shower this Valentine's Day weekend and instead of just getting her something on her wedding registry, I decided to also include a more personalized gift.  


Bridal Shower Layout Gift by Alice Scraps Wonderland | Handmade flowers really add to the personalization of this scrapbook layout.  Little pearls add a bit of bling to the whole thing!


I love how Save the Dates are now a photo of the happy couple (or in the case of my sister's announcements, the happy couple's dogs).  It's so much more personalized than just a card with info about the upcoming nuptials.  My mom actually came up with the idea of scrapping the Save the Date card as a layout.


Bridal Shower Layout Gift by Alice Scraps Wonderland | Handmade flowers really add to the personalization of this scrapbook layout.

My cousin Megan is going to have a wedding in shades of purple and green so I started with a green "watercolor background."  The background is made of various inks and mists that I put on my non-stick craft mat and then swiped my white cardstock through.  I had to contact my aunt to find out what flowers my cousin is going to have at her wedding so I could match them on the layout.  I handmade each flower--ranunculus, freesia, roses and hydrangeas.  


Bridal Shower Layout Gift by Alice Scraps Wonderland | Handmade flowers really add to the personalization of this scrapbook layout.  Stamens create the base of the freesias.

Each flower started as white cardstock and then I layered on the inks and mists in varying shades of purple, except for the roses which I left white.  The ranunculus where spritzed with Prima's white pearl and shaped with the McGill flower tools.  I added on dusty concord Distress Ink from Tim Holtz just on the tips of the petals.  The roses were also spritzed with the Prima whit pearl Color Bloom spray and shaped with the Marion Smith Designs Bloom Impressions tool.   The hydrangea were painted with Tim Holtz Distress Stain in seedless preserves, then inked in dusty concord, shaped with the McGill tools and a small dot of Ranger Ink's Liquid Pearls in peacock for the center.  The freesia where painted with Tattered Angels' fully purple Glimmer Mist and water to create an ombre effect.  I dusty on a bit of Perfect Pearls in grape fizz and then the petals were shaped with the McGill tools, wrapped around 2 Marion Smith Designs stamens and held together with floral tape.  I used my fingers to pull back a few of the petals to show the centers of the flowers.  


Bridal Shower Layout Gift by Alice Scraps Wonderland | Handmade flowers really add to the personalization of this scrapbook layout.  Bi-colored ranunculus add depth and detail while the dark purple hydrangea anchor the  scrapbook layout.

The flowers ended up being so 3D (especially the ranunculus) that I decided to buy a 12x12 shadowbox to put the layout in.  There was no way it would fit nicely in a scrapbook!  So I purchased a nice front loading shadowbox and told Megan she could change it out later to some wedding photos that I would be happy to scrap for her.


Bridal Shower Layout Gift by Alice Scraps Wonderland | Handmade flowers really add to the personalization of this scrapbook layout. The purple freesia adds a bright pop and the white roses give it class.

Products Used:
  • The Paper Studio:  Cardstock - white
  • Tim Holtz:  Distress Ink - mowed lawn, dusty concord; Distress Stain - seedless preserves
  • Tattered Angels:  Glimmer Mist - fully purple
  • Prima:  Color Bloom - emerald, white pearl
  • Heidi Swapp:  Color Shine - seafoam, chartreuse
  • Ranger Ink:  Liquid Pearls - peacock; Perfect Pearls - Grape Fizz
  • Marion Smith Designs:  Bloom Ipressions - tool, stamens in white pearl
  • Recollections:  Pearls - black/white mix
  • Other:  green floral tape

And because I couldn't find a cut file for Freesia on the Silhouette store or anywhere else online, I made my own cut file and now I'm sharing it with you!  Simply cut the set of petals and shape with tools like the McGill flower shaping tools.  I wrapped the petals around 2 Marion Smith Designs stamens and then wrapped the whole thing in green floral tape.  Once I decided where I wanted to place the flowers, I bent back a few of the petals so that you could see the stamens.  

Free cut file to make freesia flowers from Alice Scraps Wonderland | Silhouette Cut Fle


The download page includes an Adobe Illustrator CS4 file, an eps, dxf and jpg.  There is also a jpg with a photo of one of my freesias for reference that you can download.  I hope you enjoy making your own freesias!

And if you love the photo of my cousin, Megan, and her fiancé, Dan, then check out Allison Easterling Photography.  


Happy Crafting!
Adrienne

You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!