A Rare Gem: A Shabby Chic Scrapbook Page

by - 2:18:00 PM

Mother of the Bride detail photos by Alice Scraps Wonderland.
I've recently been on the hunt for scrapbooking challenges to join and came across C.S.I.--Color, Stories, Inspiration.  I loved the color palette for the current challenge, no. 153 so I figured why not join this challenge!  

C.S.I case file #153

I have to say, attempting to use 5 colors in one layout was quite the challenge for me.  I like to keep things simple, usually using only 1-3 colors.  But here is my first stab it it!


Mother of the Bride by Alice Scraps Wonderland.  This layout was created for C.S.I. challenge #153.
Kraft paper, gesso applied with bubble wrap and paint splatters creates a pretty backdrop for a rare photo of my mom and lots of pretty embellishments!
I decided to use a photo of my mom at my sister's wedding.  This photo is a rare gem as my mother hates being on this side of the camera.  When she found out about this photo, she was like "Really?  Do I have to be in the scrapbook album?"  I reminded her this album was for my sister and Caitlin would want her in the album.

Mother of the Bride detail photos by Alice Scraps Wonderland.


For the Evidence portion of the challenge, I used lace, drip/sprinkle something, texture paste, circles and ribbon.  The Testimony part of the challenge I documented a milestone I celebrated--my sister's wedding (and the fact that I have a recent photo of my mom-Woohoo)!

Products Used
  • Graphic 45:  Kraft Recollections Collection - Bed of Roses 12x12 paper
  • Prima:  Ledger III - 12x12 paper in mint green; Charlotte - white flowers; Something Blue - tie the knot flowers, at the alter flowers, best man flowers; Chalk Ink - pastel brown, pastel green, pastel yellow; Art Extravagance - texture paste in white sand, heavy gesso in white
  • K&Company: Adhesive Gems - champagne swirl
  • Darcie:  Charming Embellishments - brass word charm
  • Heidi Swapp:  Color Shine - georgia peach, seafoam, chartreuse 
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang:  Starburst Spray - cocklebells coral
  • Tattered Angles:  Glimmer Mist - tattered leather
  • Tim Holtz:  Distress Paint - barn door; Idea-ology - crinkle ribbon
  • DoodleBug:  Mini Pearls - bumblebee assortment
  • Offray:  Ribbon - coral
  • Recollections:  Pearls - black/white mix; Flowers - large pink mix
  • Crate Paper:  Flea Market - resin flowers
  • Other:  portion of a kraft, lace and burlap gift bag used to hold the gift for the mother of the bride

Happy Scrapping!
Adrienne





You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!