Imagine the Unimaginable: A Dreamy Scrapbook Layout

by - 2:23:00 PM

This month's mood board challenge over at Scrap Around the World was a dreamy pallet of greens, browns, blues and yellow-golds.  All the nature-themed inspiration made me want to pull out another photo from my sister and her husband's trip to California.  I just knew that one of the photos of the Redwood National Park would be perfect for this layout challenge.  


Detail of the Imagine by Alice Scraps Wonderland:  Rolled roses in green and yellow from Michael's and little gems and sequins add depth and sparkle.


Scrap Around the World February 2015 Mood Board Challenge

I began by painting a thin layer of gesso over the background paper.  I just love how the chevron papers mimic the shape of the roots on the overturned redwood tree in the photo. Then I splattered and spritzed various color mists over the gesso.  I layered an additional chevron paper and a pastel green paper, both distressed and inked, under the photo.  I added ribbon, buttons, pebbles, thread, flowers and die cut vines.  A few gold sequins finished it all off.


Imagine by Alice Scraps Wonderland:  This dreamy layout is full of soft browns, greens and yellows.  Mixed media and layering add detail without overwhelming the beautiful photo.

The base simplicity of nature and it's seemingly complexity is what inspired me to keep my layout simple in colors and mediums, but give it some complexity through layering.  



Products Used:  
  • Bo Bunny:  The Avenues - stripe 12x12 paper
  • Recollections:  Rolled Paper Flowers - green mix, yellow mix; Pebbles Gems - green/blue mix
  • American Crafts:  Jute Twine - yellow; Ribbon - spinach
  • My Mind's Eye:  Kate & Co. - Oxford - chipboard stickers, chipboard and buttons
  • Tim Holtz:  Idea-ology - philosophy tags
  • Bazzill:  Cardstock - grasshopper
  • Hazel & Ruby:  Sequins - shine and sparkle mix
  • Prima:  Art Extravagance - heavy gesso in white; Color Bloom - emerald; Chalk Ink - pastel green, pastel peach
  • Heidi Swapp:  Color Shine - chartreuse, seafoam
  • Authentique:  Bi-Fold 12x12 paper - foundations
  • Glitz Design:  Dapper Dan - chevron 12x12 paper

Detail of the Imagine by Alice Scraps Wonderland:  Thread and little gems and sequins add depth and sparkle.

Happy Crafting!
Adrienne




You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!