Hello Magnus: A Scrapbook Layout

by - 12:50:00 PM

Hello, everyone!  Thanks for visiting my blog.  



I've scrapped another lovely layout using the Scrap Around the World March 2015 mood board challenge.

Hello Magnus, The Mortal Instruments, scrapbooking, paper crafting, scrapbook, pet, dog, Morkie, Maltese, Yorkie, stamping, Prima Marketing, Studio Calico, Ranger Ink, American Crafts, Alice Scraps Wonderland, Glitz Design, stickers, brads, flowers

Scrap Around the World mood board challenge March 2015

This time my layout features an absolutely adorable photo of my puppy, Magnus.  In this photo he is 2 months old.  I had just picked him up the day before and he was happily getting to know his world, though he didn't stray far from my side.

My how things have changed!  He is now 8 months old and he loves to run around outside so much I have to leash him out at my grandmother's in the country.  He is still very attached and I have a hard time getting out the door without him trying to follow me.  When I leave for music rehearsals in the evening and leave him with my mother, he cries for a few minutes after I leave.  If I ever get a full time, regular job again, it will have to be one where I can bring him to work or bring him into work!

Hello Magnus, The Mortal Instruments, scrapbooking, paper crafting, scrapbook, pet, dog, Morkie, Maltese, Yorkie, stamping, Prima Marketing, Studio Calico, Ranger Ink, American Crafts, Alice Scraps Wonderland, Glitz Design, stickers, brads, flowers

As you can tell, I was very inspired by the layout created by Tehri, who also created this month's mood board.  Seeing that layout really helped me see all the squares in the mood board.  However I wanted to make the background more of my own.  So I started out with a Prima stencil mask and some white gesso on the white cardstock to give the layout texture.  I then added on watercolor sketch lines around some of the gesso squares then stamped using a dictionary text background stamp.  I followed that up with using a black Zig marker around some of the squares and then splattering and spraying on various color mists. 
Hello Magnus, The Mortal Instruments, scrapbooking, paper crafting, scrapbook, pet, dog, Morkie, Maltese, Yorkie, stamping, Prima Marketing, Studio Calico, Ranger Ink, American Crafts, Alice Scraps Wonderland, Glitz Design, stickers, brads, flowers

Next I layered lots of Prima Coffee Break papers under that oh so adorable photo.  I added a Glitz Design Wild and Free border sticker, coloring in some of the chevrons with Zig and Copic markers and going over it with Ranger's Glossy Accents to make it permanent.

Hello Magnus, The Mortal Instruments, scrapbooking, paper crafting, scrapbook, pet, dog, Morkie, Maltese, Yorkie, stamping, Prima Marketing, Studio Calico, Ranger Ink, American Crafts, Alice Scraps Wonderland, Glitz Design, stickers, brads, flowers

Using a 3x4 ATC from Prima's Coffee Break collection, I stamped on a "hello" from Studio Calico and Amy Tangerine then hand-cut out a chevron.  I layered on various flowers, Prima brads and crystals, Studio Calico chipboard stickers, Glitz Design arrow stickers and a resin feather into 2 clusters.  I added my dog's name with Thickers then using the rest of the 3x4 ATC, stamped the cute little dog and colored him in with Copics and a Zig marker.

Hello Magnus, The Mortal Instruments, scrapbooking, paper crafting, scrapbook, pet, dog, Morkie, Maltese, Yorkie, stamping, Prima Marketing, Studio Calico, Ranger Ink, American Crafts, Alice Scraps Wonderland, Glitz Design, stickers, brads, flowers

For those wondering how my dog got his unusual name, we have a thing in our family for naming our dogs after authors or book characters--we all like to read a lot!  Magnus came from Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices series.  His middle name is Finn, short for Finnick from Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games series.  I also have a Yorkie named Jacob Rocky--Jacob from Stephanie Meyer's Twilight Saga (go #teamjacob!) and Rocky pays homage to my own name, Adrienne, and to my grandmother's Collie, Rocky.  My sister and her husband have a Yorkie named Bella (Jacob had to have a best friend with a Twilight name) and a Border Collie/Black Lab mix named Dante (as in Dante's Inferno).  And let me tell you, Dante is quite the hellacious pup, but so sweet and loving!

Hello Magnus, The Mortal Instruments, scrapbooking, paper crafting, scrapbook, pet, dog, Morkie, Maltese, Yorkie, stamping, Prima Marketing, Studio Calico, Ranger Ink, American Crafts, Alice Scraps Wonderland, Glitz Design, stickers, brads, flowers

Products Used:


  • The Paper Studio:  Cardstock - white; Spare Parts - resin feather
  • Ranger Ink:  Claudine Hellmuth - gesso in white; Archival Ink - jet black; Glossy Accents
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang:  Starburst Spray - tibetan poppy teal
  • Heidi Swapp:  Color Shine - tropicana teal, mustard
  • Marion Smith Designs:  Color Lab - corvette
  • American Crafts:  Colorcopia - watercolor set
  • Studio Calico:  Thickers - sketchbook in aqua; Amy Tangerine for SC - hello stamp; Cardstock Stickers - asterisks 
  • Glitz Design:  Wild and Free - cardstock stickers
  • Zig:  Writer - black, pure red, blue jay, teal
  • Copic:  Sketch - process blue, aqua, sepia, blending marker
  • Prima:  Julie Nutting - cling stamps - dog treats; Lifetime - brads; Mini Sachet - spring; Coffee Break - 6x6 paper pad, 3x4 ATC, say it in crystals, flowers - hot chocolate, cafe mocha, vanilla latte, macchiato; Sunrise Sunset - 12x12 stencil in checkers
  • Other:  Background Stamp - dictionary

And thanks Tehri for the inspiration!  I can't believe I've never thought to decorate my stenciled-on gesso that way.  It's so cool I just had to try it!

Happy Scrapping!
Adrienne




You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!