Dreams are What You Make Them: An Ephemera Scrapbook Layout

by - 10:28:00 PM

Hello, all!  I spent the whole afternoon working on a scrapbook layout and thought I would post it!  I made this layout for the CSI case file no. 157.


Color Stories Inspiration (CSI) case #157


I'm never big on selfies as I like being behind the camera better than being in front of it but every once in a while I'll turn the camera on myself. It was one of the journaling challenges at CSI this month and it really puts me out of my comfort zone. Especially since this is a photo of me with my hair just thrown up in a messy pony tail on a lazy afternoon.


scrapbooking, scrapbook page, layout, handmade, banner, pennant, dreamcatcher, feathers, cameras, Bo Bunny, Prima, mixed media, dreams
A dreamy mixed media layout covered in vellum with a sweet dream catcher.  
I also used the six word memoir for my journaling.  For the evidence I used string, cameras,  circles and distressing.  


scrapbooking, scrapbook page, layout, handmade, banner, pennant, dreamcatcher, feathers, cameras, Bo Bunny, Prima, mixed media, dreams

I started out with white cardstock mounted on black cardstock then used my Golden gel medium and stencil.  Next I used my green and blue gelatos with water to make turquoise and color around the gel medium.  Then I used some bubble wrap and gesso to apply some dots of gesso


scrapbooking, scrapbook page, layout, handmade, banner, pennant, dreamcatcher, feathers, cameras, Bo Bunny, Prima, mixed media, dreams
Here is the mixed media background without the vellum overlay.  Adding the vellum really gives the whole layout a dreamy look.
  
Next I followed up with Marion Smith Designs Color Lab in merlot--I dropped a few drops on and then blew on them to spread them.  Then I used another stencil and Tim Holtz distress ink in black soot to create the looks of staining.  I cut out the word dreams and applied it to the top left of my white paper.  


scrapbooking, scrapbook page, layout, handmade, banner, pennant, dreamcatcher, feathers, cameras, Bo Bunny, Prima, mixed media, dreams
A few Prima crystals add some shine to the page.  

Then I created my dreamcatcher and matched up a few Glitz Design feather stamps to the white paper.  Then I covered the white paper with a layer of velum to give the background a  "dreamy feel" and started layering on my dreamcatcher, resin feathers, cardstock stickers, flowers, pennants and photo with circles.  


scrapbooking, scrapbook page, layout, handmade, banner, pennant, dreamcatcher, feathers, cameras, Bo Bunny, Prima, mixed media, dreams
Real turquoise stones from an old necklace were used to decorate
the center of the dreamcatcher.

For a bit of sparkle I added on some black pearls and Prima crystals in aquamarine.  Then I finished off my title with some tiny cardstock letter stickers from Bo Bunny's Mama-razzi 2 collection. 


scrapbooking, scrapbook page, layout, handmade, banner, pennant, dreamcatcher, feathers, cameras, Bo Bunny, Prima, mixed media, dreams
Layers of pennant banners add flair to the photo.
Products Used:
  • The Paper Studio:  Cardstock - white, black
  • Bazzill:  Cardstock - vellum, navajo
  • Prima:  12x12 Stencil - bubbles; Soprano - turquoise; Mini Sachet - frost; Say it in Crystals - aquamarine; Resin Icons - feathers
  • Ranger Ink:  Claudine Hellmuth - gesso; Archival Ink - jet black
  • Tim Holtz: Distress Ink - black soot
  • Marion Smith Designs:  Color Lab - merlot
  • Bo Bunny:  Mama-razzi 2 - oh snap, view finder, cardstock stickers
  • Crafter's Workshop:  Doodling Template - well rounded
  • Glitz Design:  Finnley - rubber stamps
  • Faber-Castell:  Gelatos - green tea, cotton candy
Happy Scrapping!
Adrienne




You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!