Creating with Love Makes Better Craft Projects!

by - 9:00:00 PM

I think this is literally the most gorgeous thing I have ever made in my long crafting career so far.

Purple Vines mixed media canvas created with: Prima aquarelle dreams flowers, ephemera, rub ons, acetate; Reneabouquets ice fairy butterflies, diamond glass glitter, drop leaf lace, mermaid tail pearls beads; Spellbinders autumn leaves die; Pinkfresh iridescent drops; Tim Holtz shaded lilac distress spray oxide; The Crafters Workshop TCW hanging vines stencil

And I know that is because I made this project with so much love. I think when you create something with love, it always makes your projects a million times better. And it’s not that many of my projects aren’t made with self love in mind. But there is something about creating a project specifically as a planned and intended gift. Creating with giving in mind is the best crafty therapy! 

Purple Vines mixed media canvas created with: Prima aquarelle dreams flowers, ephemera, rub ons, acetate; Reneabouquets ice fairy butterflies, diamond glass glitter, drop leaf lace, mermaid tail pearls beads; Spellbinders autumn leaves die; Pinkfresh iridescent drops; Tim Holtz shaded lilac distress spray oxide; The Crafters Workshop TCW hanging vines stencil

Here’s the story behind this project. I know I’ve been hitting you all with quite a few purple projects lately, but you’ll see why this one was a must. I have a niece who is three, her name is Alira. And Alira loves to craft with me. She loves to use punchers, fun scissors that cut scallops, adding stickers to paper, painting with Pops of Color and Distress Crayons, and using my little Sizzix Embossing Boutique. If she could spend each and every day crafting with me all day long, I think she probably would. 

Purple Vines mixed media canvas created with: Prima aquarelle dreams flowers, ephemera, rub ons, acetate; Reneabouquets ice fairy butterflies, diamond glass glitter, drop leaf lace, mermaid tail pearls beads; Spellbinders autumn leaves die; Pinkfresh iridescent drops; Tim Holtz shaded lilac distress spray oxide; The Crafters Workshop TCW hanging vines stencil

So whenever she comes over now, I show her the projects I made since her last visit. Recently, that was the aqua and purple mixed media canvases I made using the Prima Aquarelle Dreams collection. She was completely enchanted with all the sparkle, flowers and butterflies. So I asked her if she wanted me to make her a pretty canvas too. She of course shook her head yes, quite vigorously I might add. I asked, “purple or aqua?” And she pointed and said “Purple!!!” in her cute little voice. Apparently purple is her favorite color of the moment. 

Purple Vines mixed media canvas created with: Prima aquarelle dreams flowers, ephemera, rub ons, acetate; Reneabouquets ice fairy butterflies, diamond glass glitter, drop leaf lace, mermaid tail pearls beads; Spellbinders autumn leaves die; Pinkfresh iridescent drops; Tim Holtz shaded lilac distress spray oxide; The Crafters Workshop TCW hanging vines stencil

And so I fulfilled my promise by making this canvas. The end result is honestly so stunning. I did use flowers from the Aquarelle Dreams collection, but also pulled out some peach hued ones from the Indigo collection just to mix it up a bit. If you have some leftover Prima flowers, pull them out! Their different collections often mix and match so well, so it’s easy to use up old supplies. 

Purple Vines mixed media canvas created with: Prima aquarelle dreams flowers, ephemera, rub ons, acetate; Reneabouquets ice fairy butterflies, diamond glass glitter, drop leaf lace, mermaid tail pearls beads; Spellbinders autumn leaves die; Pinkfresh iridescent drops; Tim Holtz shaded lilac distress spray oxide; The Crafters Workshop TCW hanging vines stencil

I also pulled out the Spellbinders Autumn Leaves die set so I could add die cut leaves to the flowers. I chose a sheet from the Aquarelle Dreams 6x6 paper pad to cut from. I made sure all of these were cut and shaped ahead of time so I could add them in while assembling this canvas. 

Purple Vines mixed media canvas created with: Prima aquarelle dreams flowers, ephemera, rub ons, acetate; Reneabouquets ice fairy butterflies, diamond glass glitter, drop leaf lace, mermaid tail pearls beads; Spellbinders autumn leaves die; Pinkfresh iridescent drops; Tim Holtz shaded lilac distress spray oxide; The Crafters Workshop TCW hanging vines stencil

For the background, I used The Crafters Workshop Light and Fluffy Modeling Paste to work through their 6x6 Hanging Vines stencil. Since I was working on an 8 inch round canvas, I added an extra vine to each side of the canvas to get the vines going from one side to the other. Once it was dry, I used Distress Spray Stain and Distress Oxide in shaded lilac. The dried paste soaked the color up so nicely, especially the more vibrant Spray Stain, while the canvas really held on to the Oxide more, creating a gorgeous tone-on-tone effect. 

Purple Vines mixed media canvas created with: Prima aquarelle dreams flowers, ephemera, rub ons, acetate; Reneabouquets ice fairy butterflies, diamond glass glitter, drop leaf lace, mermaid tail pearls beads; Spellbinders autumn leaves die; Pinkfresh iridescent drops; Tim Holtz shaded lilac distress spray oxide; The Crafters Workshop TCW hanging vines stencil

To assemble, I layered my flowers along the top where the vines ended. I didn’t add nearly as many layers of flowers as I normally do, but the center got a nice two layers of flowers. As I went, I tucked in lace, the die cut leaves and a piece of ephemera. I also added a rub on butterfly from the Aquarelle Dreams collection to a piece of acetate and fussy cut it out. I tucked it in to the top right of the canvas with a piece of foam adhesive. 

Purple Vines mixed media canvas created with: Prima aquarelle dreams flowers, ephemera, rub ons, acetate; Reneabouquets ice fairy butterflies, diamond glass glitter, drop leaf lace, mermaid tail pearls beads; Spellbinders autumn leaves die; Pinkfresh iridescent drops; Tim Holtz shaded lilac distress spray oxide; The Crafters Workshop TCW hanging vines stencil

I added Diamond Glitter Glass to the flowers as well as tucked in some pearls. The dragonflies are resin pieces I cast from the Aquarelle Dreams mould. I painted them with gesso, then lavender impasto paint, then dry brushed them with white impasto paint. The larger one got layered with a piece of acetate ephemera

Purple Vines mixed media canvas created with: Prima aquarelle dreams flowers, ephemera, rub ons, acetate; Reneabouquets ice fairy butterflies, diamond glass glitter, drop leaf lace, mermaid tail pearls beads; Spellbinders autumn leaves die; Pinkfresh iridescent drops; Tim Holtz shaded lilac distress spray oxide; The Crafters Workshop TCW hanging vines stencil

I then popped on a Reneabouquets butterfly and some Pinkfresh Iridescent Clear Drops. When I finished this canvas I lifted my hands up above my head and let out a deep breath and said, “this is literally the most gorgeous thing I have every created.” I started tearing up a bit knowing this was going to my niece, who I know would love it. 

Purple Vines mixed media canvas created with: Prima aquarelle dreams flowers, ephemera, rub ons, acetate; Reneabouquets ice fairy butterflies, diamond glass glitter, drop leaf lace, mermaid tail pearls beads; Spellbinders autumn leaves die; Pinkfresh iridescent drops; Tim Holtz shaded lilac distress spray oxide; The Crafters Workshop TCW hanging vines stencil

I sent a photo of it to my sister to show Alira. After she saw it she said, “aaaawww, I miss Tante!” (Tante is German for aunt.) I love that I’m her bestie and that she is my bestie! I really hope she loves crafting with me even when she gets older and no longer things I’m “cool.” Lol! Anyway, until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


Reneabouquets

Ice Fairy Purple Premium Paper Glitter Glass Butterflies

Drop Leaf Lace

Beautiful Beads Mermaid Tail Iridescent Pearls

Gawdie Girl Diamond Shard German Glass Glitter




Spellbinders

I am an affiliate with Spellbinders. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used for this project.




Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.












You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!