To Die For: 7 Floral Dies to Brighten Your Projects

by - 5:00:00 AM

Florals brighten up even the dreariest of days. I’m sharing some of my favorite floral dies of the moment to help brighten your day. 


I’m also an avid flower gardener so during the winter, I start to miss my flowers outside. Adding florals to my projects is one of my favorite ways to take my love of gardening indoors during the cold months. So to help get us all through the rest of winter (which goes through early May where I live), let’s take a look at some of my favorite floral dies that will brighten any project you put them on!


Spellbinders Floral Reflection
The first one I want to look at is actually a collection of dies (and more!) from Spellbinders. This collection came out last year and includes some of my favorite and most loved floral dies. 


What I love about these flowers are their long stems, making them easy to gather into bunches. Their length also makes them perfect for filling up an A2 card with minimal effort. And if you are into doing wax seals, the long stems are perfect for adding a wax seal over! Or pair them up with one of the 3D embossing folders from the Floral Reflection collection for easy and gorgeous texture that will set them off so nicely. 


Mini Brushstroke Flowers
These little florals from Tim Holtz offer a variety of different flower shapes and leaf sprigs so you can make your own little bouquet of flowers. Cut them from cardstock and watercolor them or spray Distress sprays onto Mixed Media Heavystock and cut them out—either way you can’t go wrong.


These florals are the perfect size for adding around and on other medium and small dies, like the Bunny Stitch die that I used to make this Velveteen Rabbit inspired tag. I’m excited to add this new die to future projects! 


Sunny Lane Florals
These sweet flowers from Scrapbook.com are layerable and include some leaf sprigs. I haven’t had a chance to get my hands on this die set yet as it's still "coming soon," but I’m extremely excited for it—you know they are on my wish list! You can see the product image, courtesy of Scrapbook.com, below. I can see these added to tags, cards, scrapbook pages and even mixed media projects.


These dies are actually part of a whole Sunny Lane line that includes patterned paper, a stamp set and Houses I and Houses II, two sweet sets of the most adorable house dies! Be sure to check out the Sunny Lane lineup and hit the "notify me" button so you know the minute they are available for purchase. 

Delicate Leaves
There are no flowers in this die set but you can’t have flowers without a bunch of pretty leaves and sprigs! There are 7 different leaves of varying sizes in this set from Scrapbook.com. They are perfect to tuck under die cut flowers, paper flowers and other embellishments. 


Recently I have been adding them to tags and mixed media projects. But I have also added them to little clusters of embellishments on pocket pages too. 


Sprigs
This is one of my all time favorite die sets from Scrapbook.com and I have two sets so I can cut a bunch of florals and sprigs at once. There are 6 different sprigs featuring berries, flowers, and there is even one that looks like wheat, making this a year-round set! 


I love layering this most loved die set with other floral dies or tucking them into embellishment clusters. I also love that the large size of the biggest dies in this set make it easy to fill a tag or card with little to no effort! 


Anemone Blooms
This gorgeous flower was designed by Yana Smakula for Spellbinders (she made the card sample shown below). It’s larger size makes it easy to fill up a card with this one die, but you can also add multiples or layer it. This die is also on my wishlist; I just love anemone flowers! 


But I already own the Wonderful Script die that pairs with it as well as the matching script glimmer plate. I used the Wonderful Script die on a card, pairing it with a Floral Reflection die. There is also an anemone glimmer plate so you can foil parts of the anemone flower too. You can check out the entire Anemone Blooms collection at the Spellbinders store.  

Autumn Leaves
Finally, I want to share another leaf option with you from Spellbinders. Autumn Leaves is a collection of 9 dies that I use in projects year round. Depending on the color you use to cut them out with, you can create spring, summer, winter and autumn themed projects.


These dies are great for cards, embellishment clusters for scrapbooks and pocket pages or in mixed media. I love tucking them into all sorts of projects, like the mixed media project above. You can check out a close up at the top of the blog, if you missed it earlier! 

I hope that you enjoyed this look at some of my favorite floral dies—and a couple that are on my own wish list! Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


Spellbinders

I am an affiliate with Spellbinders. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I featured in this blog.






Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I featured in this blog.























You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!