Mixed Media Slimline Birthday Card with Prima and Reneabouquets

by - 8:00:00 PM

When I don't have to send a card in the mail, I take full advantage of that fact by creating a highly layered, mixed media card!

Birthday card created with: Prima Marketing miel collection paper, charms, flowers, chipboard stickers, strawberry milkshake lace trim, memory hardware pearls; Reneabouquets butterflies, glitter glass; Tim Holtz distress oxide in kitsch flamingo

Recently it was my sister's birthday and we always invite her over for a birthday dinner and celebration with cake. I wanted to create a special card for the occasion and had the itch to add all the flowers! 

Birthday card created with: Prima Marketing miel collection paper, charms, flowers, chipboard stickers, strawberry milkshake lace trim, memory hardware pearls; Reneabouquets butterflies, glitter glass; Tim Holtz distress oxide in kitsch flamingo

I pulled out the Miel collection from Priam--it's still one of my favorites because of the floral and bee theme! I started by selecting a pretty patterned paper for the base of this slimline sized card. Before adhering it to the white cardstock base, I sewed on a bit of lace trim

Birthday card created with: Prima Marketing miel collection paper, charms, flowers, chipboard stickers, strawberry milkshake lace trim, memory hardware pearls; Reneabouquets butterflies, glitter glass; Tim Holtz distress oxide in kitsch flamingo

I've talked about my layering techniques here on my blog and over on my YouTube channel, so I won't go too much into the stacking aspect. But I added a base layer of paper flowers from the same collection and then glued down a small resin frame that I altered with white gesso, wax and Distress Oxide Spray Stain in kitsch flamingo

Birthday card created with: Prima Marketing miel collection paper, charms, flowers, chipboard stickers, strawberry milkshake lace trim, memory hardware pearls; Reneabouquets butterflies, glitter glass; Tim Holtz distress oxide in kitsch flamingo

Next I added more flowers, and a pair of resin scissors altered in the same way as the frame. I cut up some pieces of Reneabouquets chipboard and covered them in Distress Glaze in kitsch flamingo. I tucked them in among the flowers then added a pretty Reneabouquets butterfly, adding a little glass heart to the center of it with Glossy Accents. I also added a coordinating butterfly chipboard sticker to the top flower. 

Birthday card created with: Prima Marketing miel collection paper, charms, flowers, chipboard stickers, strawberry milkshake lace trim, memory hardware pearls; Reneabouquets butterflies, glitter glass; Tim Holtz distress oxide in kitsch flamingo

For a bit of glitz and glam, I added Diamond Shard Glitter Glass from Reneabouquets to all of the paper flowers, then glued a small pearl onto several of the flowers. For the next step, I created a paper tassel (check out my tutorial here) from a coordinating paper from the 6x6 Miel paper pad. I added a butterfly charm for more repetition and attached it to a piece of chipboard with a lobster clasp

Birthday card created with: Prima Marketing miel collection paper, charms, flowers, chipboard stickers, strawberry milkshake lace trim, memory hardware pearls; Reneabouquets butterflies, glitter glass; Tim Holtz distress oxide in kitsch flamingo

Finally, I cut a sentiment out three times from some smooth cardstock, glueing the layers together. I tucked it in under the resin scissors with a little bit of glue. Then I added a few Pinkfresh jewels to finish it all off. It looks complicated, but it was really quite a simple mixed media card! Hope you enjoyed this tutorial;  until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies


Reneabouquets

Tiny Treasures Sweetheart Soft Yellow Glitter Glass Butterflies

Gawdie Girl Diamond Shard German Glitter Glass

Beautiful Beads Hearts of Glass

Beautiful Board Art Deco Elements Laser Cut Chipboard


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are some of the products that I used or similar products.











You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!