Memorydex Monday: Dragonfly Card with Reneabouquets and P13

by - 6:30:00 AM

I've always embraced being different, even as a child. For my entire life, anything related to the night sky and insects makes me happy. And I've combined my two loves in another fun memorydex card!

Memorydex card made with the P13 New Moon papers, Tim Holtz Skeleton Leaves die set, Heidi Swapp Minc Iridescent foil, Reneabouquets dragonfly and Scrapbook.com Glitter Brush Marker and Smart Glue.

Today's design features products from a few different companies, but fulfills my love of stars and bugs! I started by cutting a strip of paper from the P13 New Moon collection and folded it to create a pocket. I die cut the folded strip, ensuring the right side wouldn't cut, to create the pocket.

Memorydex card made with the P13 New Moon papers, Tim Holtz Skeleton Leaves die set, Heidi Swapp Minc Iridescent foil, Reneabouquets dragonfly and Scrapbook.com Glitter Brush Marker and Smart Glue.

Next, I used my Stitch Happy sewing machine to sew the top and bottom of the pocket flap and the tabs at the bottom. This created a pocket big enough for a small tag to be pulled out on the left side of card. 


I wanted to add a little shimmer and shine to my card so I started by putting a tiny dot of Smart Glue on some of the larger stars on the paper and dragging it out to the tips of the stars with the tip of the applicator. I set this aside to dry so I could apply foil later. 

Memorydex card made with the P13 New Moon papers, Tim Holtz Skeleton Leaves die set, Heidi Swapp Minc Iridescent foil, Reneabouquets dragonfly and Scrapbook.com Glitter Brush Marker and Smart Glue.

I then fussy cut out half a moon and used the Scrapbook.com clear Glitter Brush Marker to add a little shimmer to the moon. I also added some shimmer to the pink patterned paper side of the card, you know, because you can never have too much sparkle! The glue on my card base was dry by then so I rubbed on a little iridescent Minc foil to make those stars shine!

Memorydex card made with the P13 New Moon papers, Tim Holtz Skeleton Leaves die set, Heidi Swapp Minc Iridescent foil, Reneabouquets dragonfly and Scrapbook.com Glitter Brush Marker and Smart Glue.

Next I cut a strip of a paper with lots of bugs on it and then trimmed one section down to a tag shape using my Tim Holtz scissors. I then added a little glitter to the battle on the tag. Next I cut a Tim Holtz skeleton leaf out of white cardstock and then laid it over the top of the tag, punching a hole through both and adding an eyelet. 

Memorydex card made with the P13 New Moon papers, Tim Holtz Skeleton Leaves die set, Heidi Swapp Minc Iridescent foil, Reneabouquets dragonfly and Scrapbook.com Glitter Brush Marker and Smart Glue.

I added the tag to the pocket and then glued down the half moon with foam adhesive to pop it up. I then added a stunning Reneabouquet dragonfly, a sentiment sticker and a gem. The dragonfly is truly the star of this show!

Memorydex card made with the P13 New Moon papers, Tim Holtz Skeleton Leaves die set, Heidi Swapp Minc Iridescent foil, Reneabouquets dragonfly and Scrapbook.com Glitter Brush Marker and Smart Glue.

That's it for this tutorial and Memorydex Monday! Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


ReplicaSurfaces

Love the backgrounds I shot my photos on? They're from Replica Surfaces and I used Shiplap and Gloss White. You can pick up your own with a 15% discount by shopping this link. When you do, I also get a small commission from the sale, which helps me continue to provide you amazing tutorials and information, just like this blog post!


Reneabouquets

Peacock Feather Premium Glitter Glass Dragonflies


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.







You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Love the stars with the dragonfly, and done in my fav colors as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are some of my favorite colors too!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!