Sent With Love Saturday: Mixed Media Acrylic Tag with Prima and Reneabouquets

by - 6:30:00 AM

I've always wanted to make an acetate tag and I finally made one!

ladybug acetate gift tag made with Reneabouquets chipboard and glass wing lady bug; Prima acrylic paint, resin moulds, wax, paper flower; Pinkfresh red crystals; Tim Holtz velvet trim and crinkle ribbon.

Welcome to another Sent with Love Saturday and today I'm are spreading a little love and kindness with a tag instead of a card. There is just something so special about an acetate tag. Adding white gesso over it truly makes for an ethereal experience! Because of that, I wanted to keep this card simple in colors, using mostly whites and creams. But also I wanted to add a pop of color. 

ladybug acetate gift tag made with Reneabouquets chipboard and glass wing lady bug; Prima acrylic paint, resin moulds, wax, paper flower; Pinkfresh red crystals; Tim Holtz velvet trim and crinkle ribbon.

I decided to use one of my ladybug glass wing embellishments from Reneabouquets because the delicate wings match the ethereal style of the acetate tag. So I pulled some white and vellum flowers from my stash plus a red paint, wax and some crystals and got to work. 

ladybug acetate gift tag made with Reneabouquets chipboard and glass wing lady bug; Prima acrylic paint, resin moulds, wax, paper flower; Pinkfresh red crystals; Tim Holtz velvet trim and crinkle ribbon.

I started by cutting my tag base out of acetate. Then I used a Simon Hurley stencil to add white gesso in spots over the tag. This is actually a crucial step. Acetate is smooth and unlike paper, isn't porous. Adding gesso creates a toothy base in spots that glue can adhere to, allowing you to add other elements. 

ladybug acetate gift tag made with Reneabouquets chipboard and glass wing lady bug; Prima acrylic paint, resin moulds, wax, paper flower; Pinkfresh red crystals; Tim Holtz velvet trim and crinkle ribbon.

Once the gesso was dry, I glued on some resin pieces painted with white gesso and some red wax. I used gliding glue to attach, trying to apply the glue only where the resin leaves went over the stenciled gesso. I also added some Prima purity II flowers and leaves, plus some Tim Holtz bouquet flowers with a small dollop of heavy body gel, again trying to hide it as much as possible by applying over the stenciled gesso.

ladybug acetate gift tag made with Reneabouquets chipboard and glass wing lady bug; Prima acrylic paint, resin moulds, wax, paper flower; Pinkfresh red crystals; Tim Holtz velvet trim and crinkle ribbon.

I then added a full piece of Reneabouquets chipboard that I had left over from my first guest design project earlier this month. Before moving on, I added a little bit of my red paint to a palette and watered it down just a bit. I used a brush to splatter some of the red paint over the tag. 

ladybug acetate gift tag made with Reneabouquets chipboard and glass wing lady bug; Prima acrylic paint, resin moulds, wax, paper flower; Pinkfresh red crystals; Tim Holtz velvet trim and crinkle ribbon.

While the red paint dried, I added some heavy body gel to the back of a resin piece shaped like a little keyhole. I had painted it with white gesso and applied the red wax like the previous resin pieces. I then stuck this piece down onto a vellum flower that was missing it's beaded center. 

ladybug acetate gift tag made with Reneabouquets chipboard and glass wing lady bug; Prima acrylic paint, resin moulds, wax, paper flower; Pinkfresh red crystals; Tim Holtz velvet trim and crinkle ribbon.

Once the paint was dry, I added the vellum flowers, some cream flowers and the pretty little ladybug. I also added a sentiment sticker. I also glued some red crystals to the project using Glossy Accents. To finish it off, I tucked in some flower stamens and also added some red velvet trim and crinkle ribbon to the top of the tag. 

ladybug acetate gift tag made with Reneabouquets chipboard and glass wing lady bug; Prima acrylic paint, resin moulds, wax, paper flower; Pinkfresh red crystals; Tim Holtz velvet trim and crinkle ribbon.

I hope that you enjoyed this pretty little tag. Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne


Shop the Supplies:


ReplicaSurfaces

Love the background I shot my photos on? It's from Replica Surfaces and it's called Shiplap. You can pick up your own with a 15% discount by shopping this link. When you do, I get a small commission from the sale at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to provide you amazing tutorials and information, just like this blog post!


Reneabqouets

Ladybug Glass Wing on Premium Paper Body

Beautiful Board Marquise Elements Laser Cut Chipboard


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.





You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love the drama of this piece so much!! The pops of red on the clear and white are stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!