How to Use Ephemera To Create a Simple Card

by - 6:30:00 AM

I've shown how to use journaling cards to make quick and easy cards and party invitations but you can also use ephemera for the same quick but pretty effect!

Card made with Heidi Swapp Wolf Pack papers and ephemera; Tim Holtz small talk stickers; Pinkfresh Studio jewels; Scrapbook.com A2 Smooth Cardstock and adhesive

I used an older collection for this card, one that I bought while my sister was pregnant and referred to her baby as her little "wolf pup." I knew the Wolf Pack collection from Heidi Swapp was perfect for my niece's baby album, cards, etc., but I only use it for her! So I still have plenty of bits and bobs and paper left (because I bought nearly two of everything)!

I made quite a few other things for her birthday, like a mixed media mountain trio to display at the party and later in her bedroom, her party invites and a her own National Park sign! So I needed to make a quick and easy card but still have it look like I took a lot of time to make it! And layering ephemera is a great way to add dimension, texture and plenty of pretty things to your card fronts! 

Card made with Heidi Swapp Wolf Pack papers and ephemera; Tim Holtz small talk stickers; Pinkfresh Studio jewels; Scrapbook.com A2 Smooth Cardstock and adhesive

To make this card, I cut the wolf paper down to 4 x 5.25 inches and distressed the edges for a bit of texture. I adhered it to a piece of A2 sized smooth cardstock from Scrapbook.com--a gorgeous dark green that matched the coloring in the wolves. 

I then pulled out the ephemera pack and found a few pieces of ephemera that I could layer. I chose a tag, a photo corner and a full moon. I used double sided adhesive and foam adhesive to adhere them all together. To hide the hole for the ribbon on the tag, I used a small piece of torn paper from the same collection that I held onto from a scrapbook page I made. I always hold on to these torn bits and bobs as they are perfect for this type of stuff! I then added a sticker sentiment from Tim Holtz

Card made with Heidi Swapp Wolf Pack papers and ephemera; Tim Holtz small talk stickers; Pinkfresh Studio jewels; Scrapbook.com A2 Smooth Cardstock and adhesive

I used my WeR Memory Keepers staple anywhere board to add a little metal detail to the tag, curled the end of the tag with my fingers and then glued it on with a bit of double sided adhesive. I then added this whole card front to an A2 pre-scored tent fold card from Scrapbook.com then adhered a couple of Pinkfresh gems for a bit of sparkle. 

Super cute but super simple! I think it took me all of five minutes to make! Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


ReplicaSurfaces

Love the background I shot my photos on? It's from Replica Surfaces, a company that makes rigid photo-realistic backgrounds. This surface is called Shiplap. You can pick up your own with a 15% discount by shopping this link. When you do, I get a small commission from the sale at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to provide you amazing tutorials and information, just like this blog post!


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are some suggested new Heidi Swapp products for a card made with ephemera.





Create a simple but stunning DIY handmade card made with cardstock, paper and ephemera.





You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!