Winter Wolf Mixed Media Canvas with P13

by - 6:30:00 AM

Winter is coming. And that means it's time for some icy blue paper confections! 

Winter Wolf mixed media canvas made with P13 Four Seasons Winter paper, Cosy Winter Creative Maxi Pad; Tim Holtz skeleton leaves die; Prima mould, impasto paint; Scrapbook.com A2 playful smooth cardstock, glitter brush marker; silver thread; lace

I've been loving making some basic autumn decor so I decided I needed something for winter as well. I really enjoy fussy cutting elements from P13's paper pads so I pulled out the Four Seasons Winter and Cosy Winter Maxi Creative pads to fussy cut to my little hearts content. 

Winter Wolf mixed media canvas made with P13 Four Seasons Winter paper, Cosy Winter Creative Maxi Pad; Tim Holtz skeleton leaves die; Prima mould, impasto paint; Scrapbook.com A2 playful smooth cardstock, glitter brush marker; silver thread; lace

But to start, I added texture to my 8x8 inch canvas using a palette knife and white gesso. This little lines of texture just add something special, and it kind of looks like snow drifts for winter!  


While the canvas was drying, I spent time fussy cutting elements from both paper pads and die cutting some of the Skeleton Leaves from Tim Holtz from the dark blue cardstock from Scrapbook.com's A2 Playful Smooth Cardstock Pad.

Winter Wolf mixed media canvas made with P13 Four Seasons Winter paper, Cosy Winter Creative Maxi Pad; Tim Holtz skeleton leaves die; Prima mould, impasto paint; Scrapbook.com A2 playful smooth cardstock, glitter brush marker; silver thread; lace

I used my paper shaping tools to add some dimension to the leaves and fussy cut elements. I also added some glitter to the fussy cut elements using the Scrapbook.com clear Glitter Brush Marker

Winter Wolf mixed media canvas made with P13 Four Seasons Winter paper, Cosy Winter Creative Maxi Pad; Tim Holtz skeleton leaves die; Prima mould, impasto paint; Scrapbook.com A2 playful smooth cardstock, glitter brush marker; silver thread; lace

I then chose a resin frame I had cast earlier and painted it with the same white gesso. After drying, I then painted the frame with a blue impasto paint from Prima. Once the paint was dry, I used my finger to apply white wax to the highlights. 

Winter Wolf mixed media canvas made with P13 Four Seasons Winter paper, Cosy Winter Creative Maxi Pad; Tim Holtz skeleton leaves die; Prima mould, impasto paint; Scrapbook.com A2 playful smooth cardstock, glitter brush marker; silver thread; lace

I then glued down all of my elements using heavy body gel, Distress Collage Medium and foam squares. I also used half of a small clothespin to help pop up the largest element in the center of the frame so I didn't have to use like five layers of foam adhesive, lol! I even added some bits of lace to the mix as well.

Winter Wolf mixed media canvas made with P13 Four Seasons Winter paper, Cosy Winter Creative Maxi Pad; Tim Holtz skeleton leaves die; Prima mould, impasto paint; Scrapbook.com A2 playful smooth cardstock, glitter brush marker; silver thread; lace

Once all the paper elements and a few paper flowers were attached, I set about adding a bit of watercolor to the canvas. I watered down some of that same icy blue paint in a palette and dabbed it on my canvas around the frame and arounds some of the paper elements. I then splattered it with the watered down paint by tapping my loaded paintbrush above the canvas. 

Winter Wolf mixed media canvas made with P13 Four Seasons Winter paper, Cosy Winter Creative Maxi Pad; Tim Holtz skeleton leaves die; Prima mould, impasto paint; Scrapbook.com A2 playful smooth cardstock, glitter brush marker; silver thread; lace

I hope you love how this wintery project turned out. I'm so excited to hang it up when I decorate for the winter season. Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


ReplicaSurfaces

Love the background I shot my photos on? It's from Replica Surfaces, a company that makes rigid photo-realistic backgrounds. This surface is called Shiplap. You can pick up your own with a 15% discount by shopping this link. When you do, I get a small commission from the sale at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to provide you amazing tutorials and information, just like this blog post!


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.





Winter is coming. Create your own home decor piece with fussy cut elements from P13, Tim Holtz dies and Prima art mediums.





You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!