Hello Pink Autumn Pumpkin Wreath Mixed Media Canvas

by - 6:30:00 AM

I love Halloween so much I tend to neglect autumn makes. When the Halloween stuff comes down and we put out our few autumn decor pieces, the house feels pretty empty. So I decided I needed to change that this year. 

Fall mixed media canvas made with: Prima Marketing Hello Pink Autumn paper, rub ons; Sharon Ziv butterflies, flowers; Finnabair melange, impasto, grungy frames resin, melange; Frank Garcia Christmas Sparkle beaded berries, Thirty One metal pumpkin charms; lace

Don't get me wrong. I'm still planning on buying a ton of Tim Holtz Halloween goodies and making a ton of Halloween projects. But I figured it was time to make some autumn themed projects for this year. So I bought the Prima Hello Pink Autumn collection along with some flowers and butterflies from the Sharon Ziv collection because I thought this autumn's collections from Prima coordinated so well together. You can see I also added some elements from Christmas Sparkle and Thirty One as well!

Fall mixed media canvas made with: Prima Marketing Hello Pink Autumn paper, rub ons; Sharon Ziv butterflies, flowers; Finnabair melange, impasto, grungy frames resin, melange; Frank Garcia Christmas Sparkle beaded berries, Thirty One metal pumpkin charms; lace

I started out by adding white gesso to the entire canvas, using a palette knife to create texture with the gesso. Once that was dry, I added a little bit more gesso through the Victorian Tile stencil from Finnabair. I set this aside to dry again and began prepping other elements of my canvas. 

Fall mixed media canvas made with: Prima Marketing Hello Pink Autumn paper, rub ons; Sharon Ziv butterflies, flowers; Finnabair melange, impasto, grungy frames resin, melange; Frank Garcia Christmas Sparkle beaded berries, Thirty One metal pumpkin charms; lace

I make resin moulds in big batches so that I have pieces ready to go when I want. So I pulled out the large frame from the Finnabair Grungy Frames mould set and painted it with a layer of white gesso. While this dried, I fussy cut the pumpkin and vine wreath element from the 12x12 Hello Pink Autumn paper pad as well as the heart key and a few flowers. 

Fall mixed media canvas made with: Prima Marketing Hello Pink Autumn paper, rub ons; Sharon Ziv butterflies, flowers; Finnabair melange, impasto, grungy frames resin, melange; Frank Garcia Christmas Sparkle beaded berries, Thirty One metal pumpkin charms; lace

Once the gesso on the frame was dry, I painted the entire piece with impasto paint in Boudoir Pink. I let this dry then added matte wax in Old White to the highlights, giving it a very shabby chic look. I set this aside to cure a bit and picked out the flowers, butterfly, and rub ons I wanted to use as well as a few other elements. 

Fall mixed media canvas made with: Prima Marketing Hello Pink Autumn paper, rub ons; Sharon Ziv butterflies, flowers; Finnabair melange, impasto, grungy frames resin, melange; Frank Garcia Christmas Sparkle beaded berries, Thirty One metal pumpkin charms; lace

When everything was dry and cured, I began to assemble my canvas. I started by using heavy body gel to glue the frame in the center. Then I added the rub ons. Next I added some paper flowers (tucking some lace under one) to pop the pumpkin wreath ephemera up over the frame. I used the Tim Holtz Collage Medium matte to glue the pumpkin wreath to the flowers.

Fall mixed media canvas made with: Prima Marketing Hello Pink Autumn paper, rub ons; Sharon Ziv butterflies, flowers; Finnabair melange, impasto, grungy frames resin, melange; Frank Garcia Christmas Sparkle beaded berries, Thirty One metal pumpkin charms; lace

Before the heavy body gel dried, I added some beaded berries from the Christmas Sparkle collection under the largest paper flower. I also tied some gold thread around a pink metal pumpkin charm from the Thirty One collection and tucked the end of the thread under the large flower as well. 

Fall mixed media canvas made with: Prima Marketing Hello Pink Autumn paper, rub ons; Sharon Ziv butterflies, flowers; Finnabair melange, impasto, grungy frames resin, melange; Frank Garcia Christmas Sparkle beaded berries, Thirty One metal pumpkin charms; lace

I then used some Scrapbook.com foam adhesive to pop the fussy cut flowers up and added a piece to the back of a butterfly from the Sharon Ziv collection to pop it up as well. For a little bling, I added some melange, both clear and vintage, to the canvas using Glossy Accents. For the one on the frame, I used a small dab of heavy body gel. 

Fall mixed media canvas made with: Prima Marketing Hello Pink Autumn paper, rub ons; Sharon Ziv butterflies, flowers; Finnabair melange, impasto, grungy frames resin, melange; Frank Garcia Christmas Sparkle beaded berries, Thirty One metal pumpkin charms; lace

Once all the adhesive was dry, I squeezed some of the same pink impasto paint onto my glass media mat and spritzed it with water to get it to a thinner consistency. I then added it around the canvas, occasionally spritzing it with even more water and dabbing lightly with a lint free cloth. 

Fall mixed media canvas made with: Prima Marketing Hello Pink Autumn paper, rub ons; Sharon Ziv butterflies, flowers; Finnabair melange, impasto, grungy frames resin, melange; Frank Garcia Christmas Sparkle beaded berries, Thirty One metal pumpkin charms; lace

To finish it all off, I loaded up my brush and tapped it over the canvas to add splatters of paint. I hope you enjoyed this girly and shabby chic autumn decor project! Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


ReplicaSurfaces

Love the background I shot my photos on? It's from Replica Surfaces, a company that makes rigid photo-realistic backgrounds. This surface is called Shiplap You can pick up your own with a 15% discount by shopping this link. When you do, I get a small commission from the sale at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to provide you amazing tutorials and information, just like this blog post!


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.






A DIY shabby chic autumn home decor piece made using the Prima Hello Pink Autumn, Sharon Ziv, Christmas Sparkle and Thirty One collections.




You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!