Autumn Vibes Birthday Card Tutorial

by - 6:00:00 AM

Fall is a busy time for birthdays in my family. And it's a good excuse for a cozy autumn themed birthday card or two. 


I'm not kidding about it being a busy time for birthdays. Within a period of 2 months we have 5 birthdays in my immediate family! (Luckily one is mine so I don't have to make a card for that.) 


This card is so simple to make and you just need a handful of supplies, many of which you probably already have on hand. Here's what you'll need:

Start by choosing out an element that you can fussy cut. I loved this sweet cup of cocoa with florals and thought my mom would too. After fussy cutting it out, I choose a coordinating pattern to go with it. My mom loves plaids. I then used the Scrapbook.com clear Glitter Brush Marker to add a hint of sparkle to the heart shaped marshmallow in the fussy cut element.

I then chose a coordinating smooth cardstock. I loved how the navy in the Jewels cardstock pad really brought out the blues in the florals. I used one to matte my patterned paper on and another sheet to cut out some skeleton leaves with.


Next I applied a little bit of Smart Glue here and there on the leaves. This glue remains tacky after drying and is perfect for applying foil to. Once the glue is dry (you'll know because it turns clear), press your foil onto the glue and peel back, repeating as needed until all the tacky bits are covered.

Now it's time to assemble your card! I used a glue runner to apply the patterned paper to the cardstock matte and then the matte to the card base. I then used my fingers to roll and give a little dimension to the leaves. I applied Smart Glue to the stem of the leaves and glued them to the patterned paper. I then used 1/4 and 1 inch foam tape adhesive to adhere the fussy cut element over the leaves. 


For just a little more sparkle (because you can never have too much, in my opinion), I squeezed out a drop of Rose Gold ink from the Scrapbook.com reinker into a palette. I added a drop of water, mixed it with a brush and then splattered my card by tapping the paint loaded brush over the card. For a finishing touch, I added a sentiment sticker, popping it up with a few foam squares. 

And you're done! So pretty, sparkly and cozy! Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

ReplicaSurfaces

Love the background I shot my photos on? It's from Replica Surfaces, a company that makes rigid photo-realistic backgrounds. This surface is called Biscotti Linen. You can pick up your own with a 15% discount by shopping this link. When you do, I get a small commission from the sale at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to provide you amazing tutorials and information, just like this blog post!


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.











You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!