Shabby Chic Halloween Moth Tag with Reneabouquets and Prima Marketing

by - 6:30:00 AM

I used to be deadly afraid of moths as a little girl. 

Halloween moth tag created with: Reneabouquets sunset moth, beautiful beads glass hearts, glitter glass; Prima Marketing rose quartz paper, my sweet scissor mould; Tim Holtz mummy cloth, velvet trim; lace, paper flower, fussy cut feather ephemera

Moth season was a nightmare, not just for me, but for my entire family. It always seemed that even the smallest flap of dusty wings was enough to wake me and send me screaming in the middle of the night to my mom's room. It got so bad that at some point, my mom designed a curtain to velcro around my door frame that minimized the gaps those dusty millers could squeeze through to get to my night light. 

Halloween moth tag created with: Reneabouquets sunset moth, beautiful beads glass hearts, glitter glass; Prima Marketing rose quartz paper, my sweet scissor mould; Tim Holtz mummy cloth, velvet trim; lace, paper flower, fussy cut feather ephemera

As I got older, I enjoyed hitting them with the flyswatter, but I didn't want those darn things touching me in the slightest. As a young teen, I once even had a giant hummingbird moth land on the back of my shoulder and I completely freaked out. 

But I'm happy to say that I have gotten over my fear of moths and have even embraced them. They are pollinators, after all, and every type of pollinator is welcome in my garden...except for wasps--I still hate those @$$holes with wings. 

Halloween moth tag created with: Reneabouquets sunset moth, beautiful beads glass hearts, glitter glass; Prima Marketing rose quartz paper, my sweet scissor mould; Tim Holtz mummy cloth, velvet trim; lace, paper flower, fussy cut feather ephemera

And when I saw the exquisitely designed shabby chic pink moths from Reneabouquets, I knew I needed them for a couple of Halloween projects. For my first project, I didn't want to make it overtly Halloween. You'll find not a single mention of death, doom or gloom on this shabby chic little tag, which I hope means I can get away with leaving it out year-round! (I did leave out my raven-infested mini Dead and Breakfast for an entire year and a real small spider must have taken up residence in it because there are now fine cobwebs all over it--I refuse to dust it now!)

For this tag, I started out by cutting out a black cardstock base then chose a black and pink floral patterned paper from Prima's Rose Quartz collection for the layer, which I distressed the edges of. I fussy cut a few feathers from the same collection and used my fingers to give them a gentle curve. (If you don't have this collection, Midnight Garden is pretty similar and also has some feathers you can fussy cut!)

Halloween moth tag created with: Reneabouquets sunset moth, beautiful beads glass hearts, glitter glass; Prima Marketing rose quartz paper, my sweet scissor mould; Tim Holtz mummy cloth, velvet trim; lace, paper flower, fussy cut feather ephemera

I layered on the feathers, lace, a paper flower and one of those gorgeous moths, gently bending the wings for more dimension. I also chose a resin cast of some scissors from Prima's My Sweet collection. I painted it with white gesso then a pink impasto paint from Finnabair. To highlight the details, I used Finnabair's wax in Old White

I then added a little bit of pink glitter glass to the flower and feathers, adhering it with a bit of Glossy Accents. I then finished off the tag with a few pink gems, some Reneabouquets glass hearts (which I still had left over from when I did some guest designs earlier this year) and some mummy cloth and velvet trim from Tim Holtz. 

Halloween moth tag created with: Reneabouquets sunset moth, beautiful beads glass hearts, glitter glass; Prima Marketing rose quartz paper, my sweet scissor mould; Tim Holtz mummy cloth, velvet trim; lace, paper flower, fussy cut feather ephemera

I hope you thoroughly enjoyed this shabby and girlie Halloween Tag. Let me know in the comments below if you think I should display it year-round! Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


ReplicaSurfaces

Love the background I shot my photos on? It's from Replica Surfaces, a company that makes rigid photo-realistic backgrounds. This surface is called White Marble. You can pick up your own with a 15% discount by shopping this link. When you do, I get a small commission from the sale at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to provide you amazing tutorials and information, just like this blog post!


Reneabouquets

Sunset Premium Paper Glitter Glass Moths

Gawdie Girl Glitter Glass in Pale Pink 

Beautiful Beads Glass Hearts


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are some of the products that I used or similar products.




An exquisitely shabby chic moth Halloween tag featuring products from Reneabouquets, Prima Marketing and Tim Holtz.







You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. This tag is just beautiful! I was shopping at Reneabouquets this week and can’t believe I missed the lovely moths. Thank you for your story about your experience with moths 😊💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nearly missed them myself but glad I didn't! Happy to share my creative projects and the story behind them! Thanks for reading!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!