RIP 20s Quick Birthday Card Tutorial

by - 6:30:00 AM

Sometimes you need a funny card to help you get through an age milestone. 

Ms. Bonita card made with: Tim Holtz Mr. Bones Colorize die, backdrops; Pinkfresh jewels

My sister recently turned 30 and just before her birthday, she said to me on the phone, "Rest in peace to my 20s!" Her sense of humor about reaching a new decade inspired me to create a fun card that would commemorate the milestone.

Ms. Bonita card made with: Tim Holtz Mr. Bones Colorize die, backdrops; Pinkfresh jewels

I had already been thinking about turning the Tim Holtz Mr. Bones die into a Ms. Bonita after creating a tag for the release. And I thought this card would be the perfect way to do that. I started by cutting some Ranger matte black cardstock to fit an A2 card. I then trimmed down some floral paper from one of the packages of Backdrops and distressed the edges. I glued it down to the black cardstock using some double sided adhesive.

Ms. Bonita card made with: Tim Holtz Mr. Bones Colorize die, backdrops; Pinkfresh jewels

I then cut the Mr. Bones die out of various cream cardstocks, assembling the skelly with some Distress Collage Medium and inking her up to add some aging. I also cut the gravestone and dirt from brown, black and grey cardstocks and also assembled them with collage medium. I handwrite "20s" under the RIP on the tombstone then distressed it by adding dabs of white paint with my finger. 

Ms. Bonita card made with: Tim Holtz Mr. Bones Colorize die, backdrops; Pinkfresh jewels

I glued all dies down to the card front then added a "skirt" to Ms. Bonita using some tulle flower ribbon. I then added a little Reneabouquets butterfly kisses embellishment like a bow to her head then added a few gems

Ms. Bonita card made with: Tim Holtz Mr. Bones Colorize die, backdrops; Pinkfresh jewels

And that's it! So chic and funny and my sister really loved the card. Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

ReplicaSurfaces

Love the background I shot my photos on? It's from Replica Surfaces, a company that makes rigid photo-realistic backgrounds. This surface is called White Marble. You can pick up your own with a 15% discount by shopping this link. When you do, I get a small commission from the sale at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to provide you amazing tutorials and information, just like this blog post!


Reneabouquets

Butterfly Kisses Aurora Borealis Pink Single Sided Printed Butterflies


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.






Use the Tim Holtz Mr. Bones Colorize die to create a Rest In Peace 20s Birthday card with this quick tutorial.



You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!