Boho Card with Heart Pockets Tutorial

by - 1:00:00 AM

Pockets aren't just for mini albums, scrapbooks or traveler's notebooks. You can put them on cards too!

Card made with: Scrapbook.com boho patterned paper, boho smooth cardstock, solar white slimline, sprigs die, diy pockets hearts die set, pops of color in pixie, uplifting verses stamp, scissors; Pinkfresh matte gold pearl; WeR Memory Keepers crop-a-dile; Ranger super fine embossing gold; Tim Holtz tiny text stamp set

You might not think to put a pocket on a card, but it can actually be a really sweet element on the front of a card (or on the inside to hold a gift card)!

Card made with: Scrapbook.com boho patterned paper, boho smooth cardstock, solar white slimline, sprigs die, diy pockets hearts die set, pops of color in pixie, uplifting verses stamp, scissors; Pinkfresh matte gold pearl; WeR Memory Keepers crop-a-dile; Ranger super fine embossing gold; Tim Holtz tiny text stamp set

This slimline card was super simple to create and uses the new DIY Pockets Hearts die set. Because we are coming up on autumn, I wanted to use colors reminiscent of the season. So I pulled out the Boho Patterned Paper pad from Scrapbook.com to create this card and coordinating Smooth Cardstock pad.

I die cut out two of the smaller heart pockets from a floral pattern and then a bunch of Sprigs with the Boho Smooth Cardstock pad. I set these aside while I worked on the sentiments next. 

Card made with: Scrapbook.com boho patterned paper, boho smooth cardstock, solar white slimline, sprigs die, diy pockets hearts die set, pops of color in pixie, uplifting verses stamp, scissors; Pinkfresh matte gold pearl; WeR Memory Keepers crop-a-dile; Ranger super fine embossing gold; Tim Holtz tiny text stamp set

I used the Trusting Verses stamp for the main sentiment. I stamped it onto the center of a slimline card using embossing ink and Ranger's Super Fine Embossing Powder in gold. I then also stamped out some additional sentiments using the Tim Holtz Tiny Text stamp set and Ranger's Archival Ink in Thistle. 

I cut the secondary sentiments into banners, adding little patterned paper layers to each banner. I punched a hole and set an eyelet into one of the banners and added a little jute twine. I added on the heart pockets using the 1/8" adhesive. I then added just a little bit of Pops of Color in Pixie over the top of the green elements on the patterned paper of the hearts. Once the Pops of Color were dry, I placed the eyeleted banner inside one of the pockets. I then trimmed down and glued a bunch of Sprigs die cuts into the other pocket using Collage Medium. 

Card made with: Scrapbook.com boho patterned paper, boho smooth cardstock, solar white slimline, sprigs die, diy pockets hearts die set, pops of color in pixie, uplifting verses stamp, scissors; Pinkfresh matte gold pearl; WeR Memory Keepers crop-a-dile; Ranger super fine embossing gold; Tim Holtz tiny text stamp set

I added a fussy cut flower and a few bits of sprigs to the front of one heart pocket and the other banner to the other heart using foam adhesive. I finished off the card by adding few matte gold pearls. And that's it! it's sweet, simple and a little interactive. Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used for this project.










You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!