Spellbinders Tinsel Time Christmas Pajamas Card Tutorial

by - 1:00:00 AM

What is more festive than cute Christmas pajamas?

Interactive Christmas pajama card created with: Spellbinders tinsel time sentiments, dancin' deer, winter blooms, cardstock, opal gems; Scrapbook.com peppermint patterned paper, smooth cardstock, ruby pops of color

Each year for Christmas, my family all get new pajamas. They aren't always Christmasy or wintery, but it's a tradition I look forward to.

Interactive Christmas pajama card created with: Spellbinders tinsel time sentiments, dancin' deer, winter blooms, cardstock, opal gems; Scrapbook.com peppermint patterned paper, smooth cardstock, ruby pops of color

Spellbinders has released their super adorable Tinsel Time collection and I felt this darling Dancin' Deer die was perfect for creating a Christmas pajama inspired holiday card! And the legs of these cuties actually swing back and forth. I love interactive cards!


For this card, I wanted to use some non-traditional holiday colors. So I pulled out my Peppermint Patterned Paper pad and selected the fun stripe pattern for the body, arms and legs of the deer. I also selected another pattern from the stack to serve as the background for the card and trimmed it down to 1/4 of an inch less than an A2 size (so it could be matted with cardstock) and then added some stitching. 

Interactive Christmas pajama card created with: Spellbinders tinsel time sentiments, dancin' deer, winter blooms, cardstock, opal gems; Scrapbook.com peppermint patterned paper, smooth cardstock, ruby pops of color

For the cardstock, I used the Peppermint Smooth Cardstock pad (the pinks and aqua), the Christmas Smooth Cardstock pad (black), the Sherbet Smooth Cardstock pad (pink) and Spellbinders Alabaster, Portobello and Pomegranate cardstock. For a bit of dimension, I added coordinating shades of Distress Oxide Ink to some of my die cuts with a domed foam blender. (I used Kitsch Flamingo, Cracked Pistachio and Vintage Photo.)

Interactive Christmas pajama card created with: Spellbinders tinsel time sentiments, dancin' deer, winter blooms, cardstock, opal gems; Scrapbook.com peppermint patterned paper, smooth cardstock, ruby pops of color

I layered up my deer die cuts, using Distress Collage Medium and Foam Circles  to adhere them to the background. I also cut a cute little floral from the Christmas Blooms die set to add on to the little girl deer. For the sentiment, I cut out "Merry Christmas" from the Tinsel Time Sentiments set and added it on with a little foam adhesive. 

Interactive Christmas pajama card created with: Spellbinders tinsel time sentiments, dancin' deer, winter blooms, cardstock, opal gems; Scrapbook.com peppermint patterned paper, smooth cardstock, ruby pops of color

I then mounted my background onto the coordinating smooth cardstock I chose and distressed the edges of the patterned paper a little for a bit of texture. To finish the card off, I added a sparkly Opal gem to the center of the flower and some Ruby Pops of Color to their little red noses! Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


Scrapbook.com and Spellbinders

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com and Spellbinders. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used for this project.


Spellbinders Tinsel Time Dancin' Deer Die
Spellbinders Tinsel Time Sentiments Die
Spellbinders Christmas Blooms Die Set
Spellbinders Pomegranate Cardstock
Spellbinders Portobello Cardstock
Spellbinders Alabaster Cardstock
Spellbinders Opal Gems
Scrapbook.com Peppermint 6x8 Patterned Paper
Scrapbook.com Peppermint A2 Smooth Cardstock
Scrapbook.com Ruby Glitter Pops of Color
Scrapbook.com Foam Adhesive





















You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!