Spellbinders Tinsel Time Interactive Christmas Gift Tags

by - 1:00:00 AM

Handmade Christmas gift tags make presents more special. And when they are interactive, they are all the more fun!

Christmas interactive gift tags made with: Spellbinders tinsel time sentiments, dancin' deer, opal gems, cardstock, winter blooms, decorative tag die; Scrapbook.com white pigment ink, snowflake stamps, smooth cardstock; Tim Holtz velvet trim

I love an interactive tag! There is nothing quite like being able to shake your tag to play with it a bit. I knew that this sweet Dancin’ Deer die from Spellbinders' sweet Tinsel Time Collection would make the perfect interactive element for a tag thanks to the adorable swinging legs design.

Christmas interactive gift tags made with: Spellbinders tinsel time sentiments, dancin' deer, opal gems, cardstock, winter blooms, decorative tag die; Scrapbook.com white pigment ink, snowflake stamps, smooth cardstock; Tim Holtz velvet trim

I started out by cutting a set of tags using the Deco Tag die base. I chose a dark navy smooth cardstock from the Boho Smooth Cardstock pad. I stamped a few snowflakes on to each tag with some white pigment ink. I set these aside to dry while I worked on cutting out the deer.


For the deer, I chose cardstock from the Sherbet (pink), Christmas (black) and Boho (green) Smooth Cardstock pads as well as Portobello, Alabaster and Pomegranate cardstocks from Spellbinders. 

Christmas interactive gift tags made with: Spellbinders tinsel time sentiments, dancin' deer, opal gems, cardstock, winter blooms, decorative tag die; Scrapbook.com white pigment ink, snowflake stamps, smooth cardstock; Tim Holtz velvet trim

After cutting out all of the pieces, I added a little Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Ink to the brown pieces and Kitsch Flamingo to the pink scarf. For the candy cane, I also cut white from a sheet of Solar White cardstock

Christmas interactive gift tags made with: Spellbinders tinsel time sentiments, dancin' deer, opal gems, cardstock, winter blooms, decorative tag die; Scrapbook.com white pigment ink, snowflake stamps, smooth cardstock; Tim Holtz velvet trim

I assembled the layers of the deer using Collage Medium. Once the tags were dry, I added the deer using foam adhesive dots. I added flowers and leaves to the girl deer using dies from the Christmas Blooms set. 

Christmas interactive gift tags made with: Spellbinders tinsel time sentiments, dancin' deer, opal gems, cardstock, winter blooms, decorative tag die; Scrapbook.com white pigment ink, snowflake stamps, smooth cardstock; Tim Holtz velvet trim

Next I added a short sentiment to each tagging the Tinsel Time Sentiments die set. For some sparkly touches, I added Ruby Pops of Color to their little noses and then some Opal gems as sparkly snow. 

Christmas interactive gift tags made with: Spellbinders tinsel time sentiments, dancin' deer, opal gems, cardstock, winter blooms, decorative tag die; Scrapbook.com white pigment ink, snowflake stamps, smooth cardstock; Tim Holtz velvet trim

Once the Pops of Color had dried, I added a loop of crochet lace trim and a bow of Tim Holtz velvet trim. These turned out so cute and I can't wait to attach them to my niece's Christmas gifts! Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


Scrapbook.com and Spellbinders

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com and Spellbinders. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used for this project.


























You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!