Tim Holtz Remix: Hanukkah Card

by - 5:36:00 PM

Tim Holtz recently shared his "remix" inspiration. He combined different dies to create new Christmas inspiration and cards.

Hanukkah Card created with: Tim Holtz layered plaid die, colorize candlelight, metallic kraft cardstock; Scrapbook.com solar white cardstock, smart glue; Ranger silver embossing powder; The Crafters Workshop champagne gold foil; Pinkfresh silver pearls

I was so inspired while watching this live, that I decided to remix a few dies into a Hanukkah card! Not many craft companies make Hanukkah products (though it's more and more each year), so it can be difficult to make new and different Hanukkah cards each year. Luckily, with a little ingenuity, you can make a Hanukkah card without any Hanukkah specific products! Now let's hop right into this quick tutorial.

Hanukkah Card created with: Tim Holtz layered plaid die, colorize candlelight, metallic kraft cardstock; Scrapbook.com solar white cardstock, smart glue; Ranger silver embossing powder; The Crafters Workshop champagne gold foil; Pinkfresh silver pearls

Tim's Layered Plaid die came out during the Winter 2022 release. And while we often think of plaids as a Christmas thing, they are great year-round by changing up your color palette. I actually got this idea for Hanukkah from Tiffany of Ink Therapy Designs. So I began by die cutting the layered plaid from a blue metallic kraft cardstock from Tim and a deep blue cardstock from the Jewels smooth cardstock pad. I used Distress Collage Medium to glue the two layers onto a white card base. 

Hanukkah Card created with: Tim Holtz layered plaid die, colorize candlelight, metallic kraft cardstock; Scrapbook.com solar white cardstock, smart glue; Ranger silver embossing powder; The Crafters Workshop champagne gold foil; Pinkfresh silver pearls

Next I began cutting out 9 candles and candlesticks from the Colorize Candlelight die set, which is a Halloween die. The drippy candles were cut from white cardstock and the candlesticks were cut from silver kraft cardstock. I kept the candlesticks simple, using only the base layer. 

Hanukkah Card created with: Tim Holtz layered plaid die, colorize candlelight, metallic kraft cardstock; Scrapbook.com solar white cardstock, smart glue; Ranger silver embossing powder; The Crafters Workshop champagne gold foil; Pinkfresh silver pearls

I then added a bit of Smart Glue to the flame of each candle. Once dry, I used a TCW's Champagne Gold foil transfer sheet to add a little flickering light to those flames, rubbing the foil onto the dry but still tacky adhesive. I then glued the candles onto the candlesticks, glueing them to the backside for stability. 

Hanukkah Card created with: Tim Holtz layered plaid die, colorize candlelight, metallic kraft cardstock; Scrapbook.com solar white cardstock, smart glue; Ranger silver embossing powder; The Crafters Workshop champagne gold foil; Pinkfresh silver pearls

Next, I stamped out my sentiment using some single letter stamps from Lawn Fawn. I embossed it in Ranger's Super Fine silver embossing powder. I cut the sentiment down to a strip and then matted it onto another piece of that deep blue cardstock. I added some foam adhesive to the back of my sentiment strip and set it aside. 

Hanukkah Card created with: Tim Holtz layered plaid die, colorize candlelight, metallic kraft cardstock; Scrapbook.com solar white cardstock, smart glue; Ranger silver embossing powder; The Crafters Workshop champagne gold foil; Pinkfresh silver pearls

To get all the candles fitting onto an A2 card, I snipped off just the tiny lip on each side of the top of each silver candlestick. This allows you to get them all a little bit closer to one another. Once I had them lined up and fitting in the space of my card, I placed a long piece of Mint Tape over them and pressed them into the tape. Essentially this allows me to add on the sentiment strip over the candlesticks without worrying about anything moving. 

Hanukkah Card created with: Tim Holtz layered plaid die, colorize candlelight, metallic kraft cardstock; Scrapbook.com solar white cardstock, smart glue; Ranger silver embossing powder; The Crafters Workshop champagne gold foil; Pinkfresh silver pearls

Once the sentiment strip was stuck down to the candles where I wanted it, I peeled off the mint tape and then trimmed the bottom of the candlesticks off. I then added Distress Collage Medium to the back of the candles and layer it over the card background. To help it really adhere to that layered background, I set a couple of clear acrylic stamp blocks over it to press it into place. To finish it all off, I added a couple of silver pearls. And that's my Hanukkah remix using Tim Holtz dies; until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are some of the products that I used for this project.


















You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!