Peppermint and Copper Sparkle Tag Trio

by - 6:00:00 AM

I love a bit of sparkle, especially when it adds a touch of texture too!

Handmade Christmas Gift Tags made with: Scrapbook.com A2 peppermint cardstock, smart glue, mint tape, sticker book, decorative sprigs die set, double sided adhesive sheet; Prima Marketing copper foil flakes; Pinkfresh jewels

I finally got around to trying out a foiling technique that Jamie Pate showed on her Instagram. It involved foliage and sparkle, so it went straight on to my to try list. But you know, life gets in the way and some things just get pushed down on the to do list and much to my chagrin, this was one of them. 

Handmade Christmas Gift Tags made with: Scrapbook.com A2 peppermint cardstock, smart glue, mint tape, sticker book, decorative sprigs die set, double sided adhesive sheet; Prima Marketing copper foil flakes; Pinkfresh jewels

To create this tag set, I cut out some tags using the Carta Bella Home Again stitched tags die set out of a few colors from the Scrapbook.com A2 peppermint smooth cardstock pad (which is today's freebie over at Scrapbook.com!!!). I also used their new sprigs die set. These leaves and flowers are so delicate and pretty and I of course used my magic mat and mint tape to cut them out with so I got nice clean cuts each time. 

Handmade Christmas Gift Tags made with: Scrapbook.com A2 peppermint cardstock, smart glue, mint tape, sticker book, decorative sprigs die set, double sided adhesive sheet; Prima Marketing copper foil flakes; Pinkfresh jewels

I then prepped my foil sheet in the way that Jamie showed, using a Scrapbook.com double sided adhesive sheet to adhere my copper foil flakes to. I love that this technique adds texture to the foil sheet! I then cut out several sprigs and then used a star punch to cut out three stars from the copper foil sheet. 

Handmade Christmas Gift Tags made with: Scrapbook.com A2 peppermint cardstock, smart glue, mint tape, sticker book, decorative sprigs die set, double sided adhesive sheet; Prima Marketing copper foil flakes; Pinkfresh jewels

I then assembled my tags, using smart glue to glue the sprigs down in a cluster on the tag. I Used a few foam squares to pop the star up  and then added a few Pinkfresh jewels and a rose gold sticker from one of my old Scrapbook.com sticker books (I've purchased a few of the new ones, but I'm determined to use up these old ones as much as possible before handing it over to my niece to play with.) 

Handmade Christmas Gift Tags made with: Scrapbook.com A2 peppermint cardstock, smart glue, mint tape, sticker book, decorative sprigs die set, double sided adhesive sheet; Prima Marketing copper foil flakes; Pinkfresh jewels

Finally added a little bit of baker's twine to the tag. Super simple and super cute! And these can be used for unconventional Christmas colors, birthday gifts or a just because gift! And don't forget to head over to Jamie's Instagram if you haven't already to show her some love on that post! Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


ReplicaSurfaces

Love the background I shot my photos on? It's from Replica Surfaces, a company that makes rigid photo-realistic backgrounds. This surface is called Shiplap You can pick up your own with a 15% discount by shopping this link. When you do, I get a small commission from the sale at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to provide you amazing tutorials and information, just like this blog post!


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.















You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!