Royal Purple Snowflake Christmas Slimline Card

by - 5:30:00 PM

Stunning Christmas cards don't have to be complicated!

Easy DIY Snowflake Christmas card made with: Tim Holtz barouque stamp, vilainous potion distress ink, kraft metallic cardstock; Ranger gold embossing powder; Scrapbook.com A2 cardstock; Pinkfresh gold metallic pearls

The holiday season can be so busy. Between shopping, parties, and baking, sometimes there isn't a whole lot of time to craft. But you don't need to spend tons of time making to wow someone with your handmade card!  

Easy DIY Snowflake Christmas card made with: Tim Holtz barouque stamp, vilainous potion distress ink, kraft metallic cardstock; Ranger gold embossing powder; Scrapbook.com A2 cardstock; Pinkfresh gold metallic pearls

I wanted to pop in and share this quick card tutorial, which you only need a few supplies for--and wow is it a stunner! Start by trimming down a piece of white cardstock that will matte nicely on a slimline card. Next, use some embossing ink and stamp one of the Baroque stamps from Tim Holtz onto the cardstock. Apply gold embossing powder and heat it. 

Easy DIY Snowflake Christmas card made with: Tim Holtz barouque stamp, vilainous potion distress ink, kraft metallic cardstock; Ranger gold embossing powder; Scrapbook.com A2 cardstock; Pinkfresh gold metallic pearls

Then choose your favorite ink to watercolor with (I used the new new villainous potion Distress Ink) and smoosh some ink onto a glass surface. Use a water brush marker to watercolor inside the stamp and around the stamp. Remember, the less water you add to your ink, the darker it will be. 

Easy DIY Snowflake Christmas card made with: Tim Holtz barouque stamp, vilainous potion distress ink, kraft metallic cardstock; Ranger gold embossing powder; Scrapbook.com A2 cardstock; Pinkfresh gold metallic pearls

To add a little dimension, cut a few mini snowflake dies from some coordinating cardstock. I used the Tim Holtz mini paper snowflakes die set and gold metallic kraft stock as well as the Scrapbook.com A2 Jewels pad. I also used a small snowflake punch that I had to add an even smaller layer to the die cuts. Glue the layers together with a little dot of Ranger glossy accents.

Easy DIY Snowflake Christmas card made with: Tim Holtz barouque stamp, vilainous potion distress ink, kraft metallic cardstock; Ranger gold embossing powder; Scrapbook.com A2 cardstock; Pinkfresh gold metallic pearls

Use 1/4 inch adhesive to apply the stamped and embossed image to a card base and then some foam squares to add the snowflakes. Use a small dot of glossy accents to add a few gold metallic pearls to the centers of the snowflakes and that's it! Hope you enjoyed this quick and easy Christmas card tutorial. Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


ReplicaSurfaces

Love the background I shot my photos on? It's from Replica Surfaces, a company that makes rigid photo-realistic backgrounds. This surface is called Shiplap. You can pick up your own with a 15% discount by shopping this link. When you do, I get a small commission from the sale at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to provide you amazing tutorials and information, just like this blog post!



Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.



 











You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!