Day 3 Heart Shaker: 14 Days of Love Memorydex Valentine's Advent Calendar

by - 6:00:00 AM

Who doesn't love a shaker element, especially when it is full of iridescent sequins?!

Heidi Swapp Memorydex Valentine's Advent Calendar made using the Prima With Love collection by Frank Garcia; heart shaker die cut with ephemera, stickers, sequins and a pullout tag
Shaker elements are super simple to create but are oh so pretty when full of sequins. This particular Memorydex card is a pocket with a tag tucked inside and a shaker element on the front. 

Heidi Swapp Memorydex Valentine's Advent Calendar made using the Prima With Love collection by Frank Garcia; heart shaker die cut with ephemera, stickers, sequins and a pullout tag

To start, I die cut two Memorydex cards and then punched a semi-circle on one side to make it easier to grab the tag from inside the pocket. I then sewed the two cards together using my Stitch Happy sewing machine. I then die cut a tag from a blush pink cardstock from the Sherbet pad and attached a bit of ribbon to it.

Heidi Swapp Memorydex Valentine's Advent Calendar made using the Prima With Love collection by Frank Garcia; heart shaker die cut with ephemera, stickers, sequins and a pullout tag

Next, I began creating the shaker element using the Heartfelt Wishes die from Scrapbook.com. First I cut the die from their premium foam adhesive and trimmed off the center of the banner (this will allow the sequins to move throughout the entire center of the heart). Using the off-cut from the foam, I traced the heat shape onto a piece of acetate with a wax photo pencil (this wax easily rubs off with a cloth or paper towel). I also traced it onto some polkadot cardstock from the Prima With Love collection 8x8 pad. Using my Tim Holtz snips, I cut each of these hearts out by hand. I then used the die to also cut from an ombre pink cardstock. 

Heidi Swapp Memorydex Valentine's Advent Calendar made using the Prima With Love collection by Frank Garcia; heart shaker die cut with ephemera, stickers, sequins and a pullout tag

I peeled off the lining on the back of the foam and stuck it down to the polkadot cardstock. I then added some sequins to the heart, peeled the lining off the top of the foam and stuck down the acetate layer. Next I added a little bit frost metallic ink to the top layer of the die cut for that bit of pearlescent glimmer and then used Smart Glue to adhered it on top of the acetate layer. 

Heidi Swapp Memorydex Valentine's Advent Calendar made using the Prima With Love collection by Frank Garcia; heart shaker die cut with ephemera, stickers, sequins and a pullout tag

Next I die cut the banner layer then stamped a sentiment onto it with the Heidi Swapp Minc toner ink then ran that through my Minc machine with some foil. I glued that down with some adhesive and then added a few embellishments.

Be sure to come back tomorrow for day 4!

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.


You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!