Lemon Drops and Rainbows: Scrapbook.com January 2021 Handmade Challenge

by - 1:00:00 AM

Mood boards are a fantastic way to give you inspiration and to challenge you. This month, I created something using the Scrapbook.com January 2021 Handmade Challenge.

Scrapbook.com January 2021 Handmade Challenge: Lemon Drops and Rainbows Memorydex die-cut; minc foil, ruffle trim, banner, glitter lemon slice, stickers
My usual color pallet is pastel or dark hues, often in teal and purple. I hardly ever do punchy colors of hot pink, orange and yellow, but I'm always up for a chance to stretch myself creatively. And this month's challenge at Scrapbook.com certainly gave me that opportunity with this fun color pallet! 

Scrapbook.com January 2021 Handmade Challenge mood board

I was inspired by the lemons in one of the photos on the mood board and the bright colors reminded me of a rainbow. The line "where troubles melt like lemon drops" in the song, Somewhere Over the Rainbow, kept coming to my mind so I decided to roll with it. I think after the year that was 2020, I needed something fun and brightly colored that reminds me that there are better days to come. 

Scrapbook.com January 2021 Handmade Challenge: Lemon Drops and Rainbows Memorydex die-cut; minc foil, ruffle trim, banner, glitter lemon slice, stickers

Because lemon drops are candy and I wanted something a little sparkly, I used glossy accents to cover the die cut lemon slice and then dust it in a good layer of Distress Rock Candy glitter. I also hand traced some of the hearts on my background cardstock with Smart Glue so I could add some hot pink foil to the card. And of course the rainbow was made with the ever so adorable Rainbow Wishes die and the Sherbet cardstock pad

Scrapbook.com January 2021 Handmade Challenge: Lemon Drops and Rainbows Memorydex die-cut; minc foil, ruffle trim, banner, glitter lemon slice, stickers

You still have a few days to get your own submission in for the challenge! Did I mention there will be a prize? Share your creation before February 1st on Instagram and tag Scrapbook.com and #scrapbookcomchallenge to enter. One lucky winner will receive a $50 gift card to the Scrapbook.com store!

Scrapbook.com January 2021 Handmade Challenge: Lemon Drops and Rainbows Memorydex die-cut; minc foil, ruffle trim, banner, glitter lemon slice, stickers

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are some of the products that I used.





You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!