Day 4 Fortune Cookie: 14 Days of Love Memorydex Valentine's Advent Calendar

by - 6:00:00 AM

This fortune cookie has something much better than a fortune hidden inside.

Heidi Swapp Memorydex Valentine's advent calendar made with the Prima With Love collection by Frank Garcia; 3D fortune cookie die cut decorated with fussy cut ephemera, chipboard stickers and paper flowers
I just love this little card because of the fortune cookie die cut! I used a digital cut file from the Silhouette Design Store and sized the circular cut file to 2.8 inches. This makes it just big enough to hold a small heart-shaped necklace attached to the folded banner (cut with the Rainbow Wishes die). 

Heidi Swapp Memorydex Valentine's advent calendar made with the Prima With Love collection by Frank Garcia; 3D fortune cookie die cut decorated with fussy cut ephemera, chipboard stickers and paper flowers

For the base of this card, I started with a Heidi Swapp Memorydex die and some 12x12 paper from the With Love collection from Prima. Next I fussy cut some flowers and a frame from the same paper that I used for the base card, layering them on with foam mounting squares. 

Heidi Swapp Memorydex Valentine's advent calendar made with the Prima With Love collection by Frank Garcia; 3D fortune cookie die cut decorated with fussy cut ephemera, chipboard stickers and paper flowers

Next, I added on some chipboard stickers from the same collection--a little rose gold heart and a teacup. I also glued down a small aqua colored heart from one of the ephemera sets and added a teal crystal to it. Then I tucked some small paper flowers onto the card, using Smart Glue to adhere them.

Heidi Swapp Memorydex Valentine's advent calendar made with the Prima With Love collection by Frank Garcia; 3D fortune cookie die cut decorated with fussy cut ephemera, chipboard stickers and paper flowers

Finally, I folded my fortune cookie, gluing down the opening on the backside and the center to help keep its shape with a dab of Smart Glue. Using some iridescent cardstock and my Typecast typewriter, I typed a short sentiment then die cut it with the banner from the Rainbow Wishes die set. I folded that banner in half, added a small bit of 1/8" adhesive, then glued it shut around the chain of a necklace. 

Heidi Swapp Memorydex Valentine's advent calendar made with the Prima With Love collection by Frank Garcia; 3D fortune cookie die cut decorated with fussy cut ephemera, chipboard stickers and paper flowers

Finally, I glued my fortune cookie to my card with a dab of Smart Glue and a Sticky Square. When it was dry, I added the necklace, letting the banner poke out a little bit.  

Make sure that you come back tomorrow for my next Memorydex advent card!

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.



You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!