Harmonize: A Music Themed Engagement Scrapbook Layout

by - 10:09:00 AM

A while back I created a layout using one of my sister's engagement photos that I took.  I submitted the layout to Archiver's "Make, Share, Win" contest.  And though I didn't win, I did get featured as an inspirational project!  Now that the contest is long past, I'm sharing the layout on my own blog!




My sister's husband loves to play guitar and so I definitely wanted to feature him playing it in at least one or two of the photos we took for their then engagement.  I purchased and cut out a guitar die cut from Silhouette to go with the photo and layered on lots of vintage-themed papers from Prima's Something Blue collection.  I even used thread to string the guitar to make it look more realistic!

I also used my Silhouette and sketch pens to do the music notation doodling and the journaling along the bottom of the photo, which reads "May the beauty of the music in your souls harmonize…"  I thought it good advice for the newly engaged and musically inclined couple.  

For those that have read other posts from my blog, you may recognize this next scrapbook layout, Let's Stick Together, as I've posted it before.  But it's also the opposing page the the above layout.  My sister and her husband love to goof off so we had to do a few funny photos as well.  Caitlin can't play guitar but she did play flute for several years!


The journaling finishes up on this page with "…but a little discord is bound to happen now & then."  

Products Used in Harmonize Layout:
  • Scrapbook.com:  Chipboard - thin
  • Prima:  Something Blue - enchanted blooms 12x12 paper, 6x6 paper pad, 3x4 ATC, 4x6 ATC, best man flowers, maid of honor flowers, stamps; Trim - lace medallion; Wire Thread - sage; Naturals Wood Chips - flowers; Free Spirit - say it in crystals; Chalk Ink - pastel pink
  • Ranger Ink:  Claudine Hellmuth Gesso - white
  • Tim Holtz:  Stamper's Anonymous - haberdashery; Distress Ink - victorian velvet, tea dye
  • The Paper Studio:  Cardstock - black, kraft; Sare Parts - fabric flowers in blue/green mix
  • Silhouette America:  Sketch Pens - black
  • Colorbox:  Ink - gold, mudslide
  • Simple Stories:  Homespun - chipboard stickers
  • Faber Castell:  Gelatos - guava
  • Bazzill:  Cardstock - pinecone
  • American Crafts:  Cardstock - smoke
  • Other:  pearl beads

For products used in the Let's Stick Together layout, check out my previous post!  

Happy Scrapping!
Adrienne




You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!