Sweet Style: Handmade Birthday Cards + a Free Cut File!

by - 10:30:00 AM

April is a very busy month for birthdays in my family.  I was literally making cards all month long!  Now that that May is finally here, I can share them all with you!

First I'll start with my dad's birthday card.  My dad works for the local Coca-Cola warehouse so I used my Silhouette to create this cute Coke can card!  


Coca-Cola, handmade, card, card making, paper crafting, birthday, soda, cola, pop



I used some silver cardstock as well as various grey and red cardstocks.  I found a Coca-Cola look alike font for free online and downloaded it to use for the "Happy" text on the front of the card.  On the inside of the card is " Happy Birthday to the one and only original Pop!"  I used my Silhouette sketch pens to write it in.  My mom came up with the sentiment, saying, "I know it's a bit cheesy, but I think your dad will appreciate it!"


Coca-Cola, handmade, card, card making, paper crafting, birthday, soda, cola, pop

Next are the two birthday cards for my brother-in-law, Alex.  One card I made for my sister, Caitlin, to give to her husband and the other was from my mom and I.  

Alex is originally from San Francisco and loves the 49ers so I made a 49ers themed box card using Bazzill kraft and gold foil dot paper as the base.  


card, paper crafting, card making, 49ers, NFL, football, birthday



I used gold cardstock for the stars and the helmet (since the 49ers have gold helmets) and white and maroon  for the jersey. The cut file for this card was purchased from the Silhouette store.  

I also found an SVG of the 49ers logo and created a cut file from it so I could add the 49ers logo to the front of the box card.  (All you 49ers fans get excited!  Hint, hint!)


card, paper crafting, card making, 49ers, NFL, football, birthday

I also made Alex a matching banner (because all birthday celebrations at my grandmother's house come with a banner)!  I used the same color cardstocks as I did for the box card.


banner, paper crafting, pennant, 49ers, NFL, football, birthday
Because Alex also likes vintage cars, I made a vintage car card from my mom and I.

card, card making, paper crafting, vintage, classic car



I picked a nice vintage blue colored cardstock and cut out all the pieces, keeping it simple. 

I used a touch of acetate for the windows to make it more realistic as well.  You can find this cut file (and many other awesome cut files) at Cutting Cafe

Earlier this month I shared my Uncle Ron's birthday card.  I was too excited about this one to wait for one large posting because it's this really cool interactive Handy Man Tool Belt card.
card, card making, paper crafting, vintage, classic car

I made the tape measure and pliers movable using brads.  Apparently Ron hadn't realized I made the card until my mom told him.  He was pretty impressed with the card and it makes me happy he thought it looked professional enough that we bought it at the store!  For more info about this card, visit my previous blog post.  



Up next is my aunt's birthday card.  Sandy is quite the stylish lady; she's also a hairdresser so she keeps our family looking pretty stylish too!  She has a shoe fetish and loves high heels.  I used a cut I downloaded from the Silhouette store plus lots of glittery paper, ribbon and gems for this card.  


birthday, card, handmade, card making, paper crafting, style, fashion, high heel, high heel card, flowers, sequins, gems, jewels, bling, lace


Sandy's favorite colors are purple and teal with a bit of pink so the shoe was cut out of a deep teal and the flowers were pink and purple.  I used a very thin strip of cream colored cluny lace ribbon to create a ruffle along the shoe then added a layer of teal sequin ribbon to create a nice line along the top of the shoe.  


birthday, card, handmade, card making, paper crafting, style, fashion, high heel, high heel card, flowers, sequins, gems, jewels, bling, lace


I used glittery purple ribbon across the top of the card and matted the "Happy Birthday" sentiment over part of it.  I placed on a few flowers and then added a bunch of gems to the card, including a bunch on the shoe to make it look like it has polka dots!  

birthday, card, handmade, card making, paper crafting, style, fashion, high heel, high heel card, flowers, sequins, gems, jewels, bling, lace

Finally is my bonus mother's card (bonus mother is a much nicer term than step mother).  Jane is one of the sweetest people I know and since summer is practically here, I thought of those sweet little sugared orange candies.  I used 3 different shades of orange cardstock to create the orange slice.  Next I covered the whole thing in Ranger Ink's Glossy Accents then sprinkled Tim Holtz Distress Glitter in rock candy over the top.  After that dried, I used Distress Ink in spiced marmalade and ripe persimmon to add a little more depth to the glitter.  When I was done it looked so good I wanted to eat it!  


orange, candy, sweet, birthday, card, card making, paper crafting, glitter, pearls


The card is cut from kraft paper and I matted it with a light purple cardstock.  I used two of the orange cardstocks from the orange slice to create the banner with the sentiment "Sweet!  It's your Birthday!"  


orange, candy, sweet, birthday, card, card making, paper crafting, glitter, pearls


I used pop dots on the top layer of the banner as well as for the orange to give the card some depth.  I added 3 Doodlebug pearls to the bottom right corner and then May Arts purple baker's twine to the top, tying a little bow on the left side.  Both cut files were purchased from the Silhouette store.  Simple but sweet!

Coca-Cola, handmade, card, card making, paper crafting, birthday, soda, cola, pop

Products Used - Coke Can Card:

  • Recollections:  Cardstock - white, red
  • Canson:  Cardstock - red
  • Bazzill:  Cardstock - date swirl, silver foil
  • Zig:  Writer - grey
  • Silhouette America:  Sketch Pens - neon red (inside sentiment)
card, paper crafting, card making, 49ers, NFL, football, birthday

Products Used -  Football Box Card:
  • Bazzill:  Cardstock - kraft and gold foil dot, gold foil, pomegranate, pinecone
  • Recollections:  Cardstock - black, white
Products Used - Alex 49ers Inspired Banner:
  • Bazzill:  Cardstock - pomegranate, gold foil
  • Recollections:  Cardstock - white, black
  • Tim Holtz:  Distress Ink - fired brick
  • Doodlebug:  Mini Pearls - lily white assortment
card, card making, paper crafting, vintage, classic car

Products Used - Vintage Car Card:
  • Recollections:  Cardstock - white, black, acetate
  • Bazzill:  Cardstock - typhoon
  • American Crafts:  Cardstock - sunflower, concrete
birthday, card, handmade, card making, paper crafting, style, fashion, high heel, high heel card, flowers, sequins, gems, jewels, bling, lace

Products Used - Stylish High Heel Card:
  • Core'dinations:  Cardstock - Tim Holtz milled lavender
  • Bazzill:  Cardstock - almond cream, blue oasis
  • Recollections:  Flowers - mini white sachet, gold tipped pink, gold tipped purple; Trim - teal sequin ribbon, purple glitter ribbon; Gems - pink/white mix, blue/green mix
  • The Paper Studio:  Ribbon - cream cluny lace; Cardstock - black glitter
  • Silhouette America:  Sketch Pens - pink glitter
  • Prima:  Color Bloom - pressed petal

orange, candy, sweet, birthday, card, card making, paper crafting, glitter, pearls

Products Used - Sweet Orange Slice Card:
  • The Paper Studio:  kraft, orange
  • Bazzill:  Cardstock - intense orange, carrot cake, heather
  • Ranger Ink:  Glossy Accents
  • Tim Holtz:  Distress Glitter - rock candy; Distress Ink - spiced marmalade, ripe persimmon
  • Silhouette America:  Sketch Pens - black
  • May Arts:  Baker's Twine - purple
  • Doodlebug:  Mini Pearls - tangerine assortment

For products used for the Tool Belt Card, visit my previous blog post, Handy Man Tool Belt Birthday Card.  

Whew!  Thanks for hanging with me through this long post.  As a reward, here is a free cut file!  This one is perfect for all those 49ers fans out there or for anyone that hosts a Super Bowl party that the 49ers are playing in!  Plus I've also got the NFL logo as a cut file!  I used the shield as the pennant for Alex's banner.  

>> Click the photo below for your free San Francisco 49ers Logo <<

free cut file, free Silhouette cut file, free Cricut cut file, die cut, die cutting, die cuts, scrapbooking, football, California, scrapbook, handmade, custom


>>Click the photo below for your free NFL Logo <<





Like the Denver Broncos better?  I've got a cut file for their team too!


>> Click the photo below for your free Denver Broncos cut file <<

free cut file, free Silhouette cut file, free Cricut cut file, die cut, die cutting, die cuts, scrapbooking, football, Denver, Colorado, scrapbook, handmade, custom



Happy Crafting!
Adrienne









You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!