Hummingbirds are Buzzing: A Handmade Mother's Day Card

by - 7:44:00 PM

For those of you that have been following me on social media (especially Instagram) for a while know that I love to garden.  I didn't realize how enjoyable it was until we landscaped my mother's front yard.  When I first planted all those day lilies and the lilac bush I though, "Gee, I hope I don't kill all these plants we just spent a ton of money on!"  




Fortunately, I inherited my grandfather's green thumb and my plants flourished--including the rose bush my grandfather planted back in the 60s!  


scrapbooking, card making, handmade, custom, bird, hummingbird, flower, lily, tiger lily, Mother's Day, garden, gardening, paper crafts

Ever since that fateful summer three years ago, I've been enjoying my time spent outdoors, pruning and weeding and watering.  I spend so much of my time out at my grandmother's helping to take care of her now, my mom and I decided to turn her garden back into an actual garden for Mother's Day.

scrapbooking, card making, handmade, custom, bird, hummingbird, flower, lily, tiger lily, Mother's Day, garden, gardening, paper crafts


In honor of planting something other than weeds and violets (they literally took over the garden and are now taking over the yard!!) I made a Mother's Day card featuring a sweet little hummingbird and tiger lily.  


scrapbooking, card making, handmade, custom, bird, hummingbird, flower, lily, tiger lily, Mother's Day, garden, gardening, paper crafts


It's simple but cute.  I admit, I was running out of time to make a card between making petite fours, saving the new garden from flooding, and "Oma Care" so it's a bit more simple than I would normally make, but my Oma loves it and that's what really matters.  In this case, less is more!

Products Used:

  • Recollections:  Cardstock - orange, light green, dark green, black, kraft, white
  • Bazzill:  Cardstock - pirouette, starmist
  • Doodlebug:  Mini Pearls - bumblebee assortment
  • Silhouette:  Sketch Pens - purple/red metallic (inside)
  • Ranger Ink:  Glossy Accents (adhesive)
  • Tim Holtz:  Distress Ink - ripe persimmon; Distress Marker - ripe persimmon, forrest moss; airbrush tool
  • Zig:  Writer - black

Happy Crafting!
Adrienne




You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!