Let's Stick Together: An Engagement Scrapbook Layout

by - 9:00:00 AM

"Let's stick together, yeah, yeah, yeah! / Why don't you and I combine?"  Doesn't that song just make you want to get up and dance?  Makes me think of the movie The Parent Trap also.  Anyway, that movie is getting a bit off topic.  Last night I finished up another engagement photo layout for my sister and now husband!



Both Caitlin and Alex adore music.  Cait used to play flute back in grade school and Alex played saxophone; he now plays guitar.  Caitlin loves it when he plays for her so we of course included the guitar in the engagement photo shoot.  This funny photo is one of 2 guitar photos.  The first is of Alex playing and of course Caitlin looks to be enjoying the music.  In this one, Caitlin is playing the guitar and Alex is not enjoying it at all.  These two love to goof off and we also like to help Cait make fun of her Dyslexia (it's a good coping mechanism for her to deal with having a learning disability).  

"Let's Stick Together" - An engagement photo layout.
I used a lot of different techniques for this layout.  And let me tell you, my table was a disaster area by the end of it (see picture below--and that's after a bit of cleaning up)!  

The base of the page uses several mixed media techniques including gelatos, stamping  and gesso.  I started by cutting down and distressing the edges of the base patterned paper ("Going to the Chapel" from Prima's Something Blue collection).  I then smeared gelatos over a portion of it, stamped a few images and added gesso with a stencil.  Finally I spritzed a little shimmery light pink mist onto the paper for the base.

I then added tons of layers to this page with ATCs and various papers.  I used pop dots to "float" the papers and photo so they would be over the flowers and other elements.  Before adding the papers to the page, I used my Silhouette Cameo and a sketch pen to add the sentence about discord, the music notes and treble clef to one of the Prima 6x4 ATCs.  I also edged all of the papers with Prima's fluid chalk inkers (pastel brown and pastel blue).  

The sentence about discord matches the funny photo as well as gives advice to the new couple.  There are always bound to be arguments and such in any relationship.  Sometimes a good laugh about it helps us remember to laugh together through all the hard times. 

I also used the pink gelatos and the mist to add a bit of pink to the center of the white flowers (Prima's ribbon trim).  This mimics my sister's wedding dress--I wanted to make sure there was a running theme throughout the scrapbook album.  I used my fingers and the mist to soften and mix the colors together.  

I of course used matching Prima flowers from the Something Blue collection as well as some leftover flowers I bought to make paper craft decorations for the wedding.  I added a few pearls to the green thread wire from Prima as well as layering in a tag.  

I also added a few of the natural bark flower shapes from Prima as well to match the outdoorsy theme of the photo.  

The chipboard stickers from Simple Stories' Homespun collection added just the right touch for a bit more verbiage as well as created the title of the page.  

The picture to the left also shows you a good close up of the gelatos as well as one of the stamps (a dress form) and the gesso.  

Some the final finishing touches to the page were a music notes paper clip from Prima's Lyric collection as well as some of the pretty druzy gems from the Free Spirit collection.  I thought the blues and greens of these gems help dot bring out the blues and greens in the photo.  I also added two brads from the Something Blue collection to the centers of 2 of the tears of the base paper. 


I'm having such a fun time using the Prima Something Blue collection for my sister and her husband's wedding album.  These vintage-themed engagement photos really set the tone of the whole album.  I can't wait to show off layouts with photos from when my sister found her dress and from the actual wedding!

Products Used:

  • Scrapbook.com:  chipboard - thin
  • My Mind's Eye:  Lost & Found 3:  "Ruby" - doily paper
  • Simple Stories:  Homespun collection - chipboard stickers
  • Ranger Ink:  Claudine Hellmuth Studio - white gesso
  • Colorbox:  Dye Ink - mudslide
  • Lindy's Stamp Gang:  Starburst Mist - Salt Water Taffey
  • Stamper's Anonymous:  Tim Holtz collection - haberdashery
  • Tim Holtz:  stamps - I See Paris
  • Spare Parts:  blue/green fabric flower mix
  • Faber-Castel:  Gelatos - coconut, bubblegum, guava, metallic melon, gold champagne
  • Prima:  Something Blue collection - Goin' to the Chapel 12x12 paper, 6x6 paper pad paper (dots), 3x4 ATC, 6x4 ATC, tag me, best man flowers, vows flowers, first dance flowers, maid of honor leaves, brads; trim (white flowers), wire thread - sage; fluid chalk ink - pastel brown, pastel blue; mask - Finnibar bubbles 12x12; natural bark shapes - flowers; Lyric collection - metal paper clip (music notes); Say it in Crystals - Free Spirit collection


You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!