9.05.2014

DIY Distress Ink Storage Labels






UPDATE:  To download free labels for Tim Holtz's 12 newest colors, visit my blog post on the 2015 Addendum!  

I recently bought a pretty box to store some of my craft supplies in and one of them was perfect for storing all of my inks.  I use my Tim Holtz Distress Inks on practically every layout and card I make so I'm constantly rifling through them and I was getting frustrated with not being able to pick out the ink I wanted without having to pull practically every ink out of the box.

I remember pinning labels for the sides of the inks by made by the one and only Tim Holtz but the file no longer seemed to exist on the internet.  Feeling a bit dismayed about my organizational waylay, I perked up when I remembered that I had recently bought 2 packs of white sticker paper for my Silhouette Cameo!  I would just make my own labels.  

Even though I don't own every color of Tim Holtz Distress Inks (much to my chagrin), I made a label for every color of ink I could find listed on the web so that when I get new inks, I can quickly label them.  

17 inks and counting, now only 30+ to go!  I was even stingy on my inking foam pads since I wanted the color of the label to be true to the color of the ink and well…I'm not made of money.  :)

After measuring the inks, creating my cut file and then printing and cutting out the labels, I inked the label in it's respective color then stuck it to the side of the ink pad.  Now I can easily pick out the ink colors I want without having to shuffle through almost every ink pad!




Since it's Friday, my lovely readers deserve a freebie!  Now you can be "Distress Ink Organizationally Savvy" too!  Just click on the image below to download the file!

>> Click Image Below to Download the FREEBIE! <<



UPDATE:  To download free labels for Tim Holtz's 12 newest colors, visit my blog post on the 2015 Addendum!