Inspiration Using the Spellbinders March 2024 Monthly Club Kit

by - 5:02:00 PM

I love to curl up with a cup of tea and a good book! The March 2024 Monthly Club Kit from Spellbinders is so cozy and perfect for any book lover!


I know it's April and everyone is already getting peeks of the new April Monthly Club Kits, "A Stitch at a Time," but I just wanted to remind you to not put those previous club kits away. March's kit is definitely one that I'll be using over and over again! 


Now if you don't know what the Monthly Kit Clubs are from Spellbinders, let me tell you a bit about them. Spellbinders offers exclusive products monthly. There are 10 different clubs to choose from, or you can get all 10 in the Deluxe Caboodle Kit of the Month. 

That means you get the Large Die, Small Die, Stitching Die, Glimmer Plate, BetterPress Plate, Stencil, Clear Stamp and Die Set, Embossing Folder, 3D Embossing Folder, and Wax Seal of the Month! The Caboodle Kit is worth $315 but you get all of for $120 monthly! Plus you get extra savings on past kits and other deals! 


Each month the club kit will charge on the 5th of the month, but you can cancel it at any time, no penalty. If you haven't subscribed yet to a club kit, New Subscriber registration opens up on the 6th of each month and goes through the 27th. Now let's talk a little bit more about these two cards that I created!


The first card I created featured the March 2024 Stitching Die of the Month, which includes this cute stack of books, a teacup and flowers! I used the 3D Embossing Folder of the Month to emboss the white background


Then I die cut and stitched the dies from the Read and Sip stitching die. I used some of my favorite colors of Spellbinders cardstock for these. I also used some coordinating Distress Oxide inks to add depth to the flower petals and leaves. For some of the cuts, I die cut multiple layers and glued them together to create more depth, especially for the books. 


For the sentiment, I used the Clear Stamp of the Month and some Distress Archival Ink to stamp out the thank you sentiment. I trimmed the sentiment down and cut a little notched banner on one side.


To assemble everything on the card, I used a mix of 1mm, 2mm and 3mm one-quarter inch wide foam adhesive and liquid adhesive. To finish it off, I popped on a few pink gems from Pinkfresh. 


The next card is a little more involved. I decided to use the BetterPress Plate of the Month with Gold Glimmer Foil instead as it reminds me of one of those fancy illustrations in antique books with gold paint or gold leafing. I pressed the foil onto dark blue cardstock then die cut the center out with the coordinating oval die in the BetterPress set and trimmed down the foiled background so I could matte it on a second piece of blue cardstock with 2mm thick foam adhesive. Pro Tip: Use the Pink and Main Antistatic Brush to dust your cardstock before applying hot foil--this helps keep your image from over-foiling as much. 


Then I die cut the house, open book, leaves and trees from the Large Die of the Month, and the tiny flowers from the Stitching Die of the Month. For the open book, I die cut the page layers three times and used a small pair of scissors to cut along some of the embossing lines on the top 2 layers so I could shape the pages with my fingers to make the pages appear open ruffled. 


I glued the house inside the opening of the foiled layer. (The house was cut from Sizzix cardstock and then I hand cut some yellow pieces of Spellbinders cardstock to go behind the windows.) Then I added the trees, book and leaves around the opening using liquid and foam adhesive. I popped on some of the tiny little yellow flowers around the leaves and book.


For a sentiment, I wanted one about adventure, so I stamped out a sentiment from the Tim Holtz Tiny Text stamp set in clear embossing ink. I then used some gold embossing powder to emboss the sentiment to match the metallic of the hot foil. 

I hope that you enjoyed these two cards. If you missed out on the March 2024 Club Kits, be sure to check the past club kits page in the coming days to see if you can purchase any of these items a la cart. Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


Scrapbook.com & Spellbinders

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com and Spellbinders. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Shop Spellbinders Club Kit of the Month:




Shop Past Club Kits:





Below are everyday essential products that I used for this project.











You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!