SBC Fest Spring 2024 Inspiration Roundup!

by - 11:30:00 AM

It's been just under one month since Scrapbook.com's Spring 2024 SBC Fest! In this post, I'm rounding up all of the projects I created based on my own class, and other instructors' classes. 

Mixed media decorated mini album cover inspired by Adrienne Boese's SBC Fest class, featuring Prima Marketing flowers, ephemera, Sizzix paint.

Jump to a Section
Adrienne Boese |  Carissa Wiley |  Natasha Polite |  Angelica Conrad | 
Laura Graff |  Nicki Baxley | Jana Eubank | Other Classes

Over on my Instagram, I've been sharing my projects based on my own class and other instructors' classes over the past month. So I wanted to do a little roundup on my blog of all of the projects I've created. 

Adrienne Boese
Let's start with my own class project.

Adrienne Boese's SBC Fest class mixed media tag, featuring Prima Marketing flowers, ephemera, Sizzix paint.

In my SBC Fest class, I show you how to create your own mixed media tag, featuring my signature shabby chic style and stacked floral layers. I talk about the best adhesives to use, and how to create natural lines or shapes with your embellishment clusters. 


After my class was finished, I wrapped up by showing you how these techniques can be transferred to other types of projects, such as this more layered card... 

Pink mixed media card inspired by Adrienne Boese's SBC Fest class, featuring Prima Marketing flowers, ephemera, Sizzix paint.

...as well as these more simple cards with less layers (especially the one on the right which features the flatter flowers)... 

Blue mixed media cards inspired by Adrienne Boese's SBC Fest class, featuring Prima Marketing flowers, ephemera, Sizzix paint.

...to this beautiful mini album cover!

Mixed media decorated mini album cover inspired by Adrienne Boese's SBC Fest class, featuring Prima Marketing flowers, ephemera, Sizzix paint.

Just look at those layers!! 

Mixed media decorated mini album cover inspired by Adrienne Boese's SBC Fest class, featuring Prima Marketing flowers, ephemera, Sizzix paint.

But I was also inspired by many of the other instructors. I would have liked to do a project from each of them, but there just isn't enough time in a day for me with all of my Design Team work for Sizzix and Prima Marketing, so here are the ones I did do. 

Carissa Wiley
Let's start with Carissa Wiley's class. She and I both agree that no project is complete without some sparkle!

Cupcake birthday card inspired by Carissa Wiley's SBC Fest class featuring holographic touches.

She created a western style card using a strip of holographic paper in the background. I took that same background design, but used a cupcake die from Scrapbook.com instead. I've got all of these projects uploaded to my Scrapbook.com gallery, so you can see which products I used for each of these makes! 

Natasha Polite 
Now let's take a look at the card I created inspired by Natasha Polite's class. I just adored the floral theme her card had! 

Love You card inspired by Natasha Polite's SBC Fest class featuring floral rubon transfers.

Natasha used Scrapbook.com rubons to create her own beautiful background on a nested arch die. For my card, I used a different set of rubon transfers and used a sticker sentiment instead of a rubon sentiment. 
 
Angelica Conrad
Angelica is a master at ink blending. Her simple and clean style lends itself so well to ink blending too. 

Simple and clean "pink drink" card inspired by Angelica Conrad's SBC Fest class featuring a pink icy drink die cut.

But what I loved is that she added a hint of shimmer by brushing Ranger’s Perfect Pearls over the top of the wet Distress Oxides. I don’t have any Perfect Pearls, so I thought I would try the technique out with some Finnabair Mica Powder. I also didn’t have the die set she used, so I again pulled out the Fall Treats die but turned the iced drink into a Starbuck’s Pink Drink inspired sweet treat. 

Laura Graff 
Laura Graff works at Scrapbook.com and has a class at every SBC Fest—and I always adore everything she creates! I tried my hand at all 3 of the cards she created during her class, with a few minor alterations. 

Trio of Spring/Easter cards inspired by Laura Graff's Spring 2024 SBC Fest class, featuring a bunny, carrots and flowers.

I used some different cardstocks and I also added a Prima flower to the card with the sweet little rabbit. I really love how all 3 of these cards turned out! 

Nicki Baxley
Nicki shared tips and tricks for creating masculine style cards. I loved the monochromatic style and the hints of metallic shimmer. 

Happy Birthday To You card inspired by Nicki Baxley's SBC Fest class featuring a green embossed background and gold letters.

Nicki used a stencil and embossing ink and powder to create a tone-on-tone background. I had a Sizzix embossing folder I was just itching to use, so I went with a dry embossed background instead. The men in my life don’t tend to use words like “bro” or “dude.” Funnily enough, they are all pretty gentle souls that don’t mind a nice pastel card like myself. So I also chose a light green cardstock and used the HB2U in place of the longer Happy Birthday to You sentiment. 

Jana Eubank
Jana shared 2 fun, fruity and tropical layouts, sharing how she layers her papers and die cuts to create tons of texture. 

Mixed media tag inspired by Jana Eubank's SBC Fest class featuring fruit shaped die cuts, butterflies and flowers.

I combined elements that I loved from both of her layouts into a single mixed media tag. I also tried my hand at pairing the bright and bold colors from the Market Bloom paper pad with the pastel hues of the In Full Bloom paper. 

Other Classes
I just wanted to share about some of the other classes that I didn’t create projects for. My friend Ralph Tyndall created a couple of fun cards that are perfect for both beginner and experienced card makers (those whales were so cute)! I have an idea for this card in my head, but it requires picking up some of the items from Ralph’s class supply list. Obed Marshall also created a fantastic mini album that I would like to recreate at some point as well. Meghan Andrew used the Nested Arches in a super creative way to create a darling scrapbook layout. Tonya Brooks also created a mixed media tag, but she used Tim Holtz Distress products to color her elements and I just love the techniques she shared. 


I hope that you enjoyed this roundup of all the projects that I created during the Spring 2024 SBC Fest! Don’t forget that you can still rewatch both days of the Spring 2024 SBC Fest (and all previous SBC Fest events) for FREE! If you want to create my tag or simply learn some of my mixed media tips, tricks and techniques, be sure to watch my SBC Fest class. Until next time, happy crafting
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used for my Spring 2024 SBC Fest class.




























You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!