SBC Fest: Easy Mixed Media Layering for Beginners - Creating My Mixed Media Tag

by - 10:30:00 AM

My SBC Fest class aired earlier today! If you missed it live, don’t worry—you can catch it on replay and I’ve included a link to make it easy to get to. 

Floral mixed media tag created with paints, pastes, ephemera and paper flowers from Sizzix, Scrapbook.com, Finnabair, Frank Garcia, The 3 Girls Tale and Prima Marketing.

First, I just want to say how honored and thrilled I am to be a Spring 2024 SBC Fest Instructor! I want to thank Scrapbook.com for inviting me to teach a mixed media class and I had so much fun and I hope you enjoyed my class as well—or that you will enjoy it if you haven’t seen it yet.  

Floral mixed media tag created with paints, pastes, ephemera and paper flowers from Sizzix, Scrapbook.com, Finnabair, Frank Garcia, The 3 Girls Tale and Prima Marketing.

My goal with this class was to introduce you to the wonderful world of mixed media and paper flowers (if this isn't your world already)! If you follow me on my socials, you know there is nothing I love more than a highly layered project with a bunch of paper flowers, pastes and paints! 

I do know that this world of mixed media with tons of layers can seem really intimidating to those who haven’t dipped their toes in yet. But I’m here to tell you that it’s so much easier than you think! My key takeaway from this class is that it’s all about playing and having fun and my class shows that in action. 

Floral mixed media tag created with paints, pastes, ephemera and paper flowers from Sizzix, Scrapbook.com, Finnabair, Frank Garcia, The 3 Girls Tale and Prima Marketing.

You really can’t go wrong when it comes to mixed media. Experimenting is all part of the game. And tags are the best way to play with new mixed media techniques because of the small size of the project. It gives you just enough room to play, but not so much that you feel overwhelmed. 

Floral mixed media tag created with paints, pastes, ephemera and paper flowers from Sizzix, Scrapbook.com, Finnabair, Frank Garcia, The 3 Girls Tale and Prima Marketing.

In my class, we create my signature shabby chic design with a tall stack of flowers! (My motto is you can never have too many paper flowers!) While I personally love the shabby chic design style, it’s also a forgiving mixed media style that is perfect for beginners. 

Floral mixed media tag created with paints, pastes, ephemera and paper flowers from Sizzix, Scrapbook.com, Finnabair, Frank Garcia, The 3 Girls Tale and Prima Marketing.

I take you from start to finish,  showing you some of my favorite beginner’s mixed media techniques that will ease you into this fun art form. And I also give you my tips and tricks for creating my tall stacks of flowers without it toppling over. Plus, you get a peek at some of the other types of projects you can create using some of these same techniques. 

Floral mixed media tag created with paints, pastes, ephemera and paper flowers from Sizzix, Scrapbook.com, Finnabair, Frank Garcia, The 3 Girls Tale and Prima Marketing.

Below, I’ve listed all of the supplies you’ll need to create this mixed media tag—just in case you haven’t picked the supplies up yet. 

Floral mixed media tag created with paints, pastes, ephemera and paper flowers from Sizzix, Scrapbook.com, Finnabair, Frank Garcia, The 3 Girls Tale and Prima Marketing.

Also, if you haven’t yet checked out my homework video, check out the video below! 


Then once you are ready to dive into my class, or you need to revisit it, head over to the Scrapbook.com SBC Fest Watch Page. Scrapbook.com does later update it with links to specific time codes in each video so you can skip to a particular instructor so you should see that added in a day or two. That way, you can skip right to my class on Day 1 of SBC Fest! 

Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne 


Shop the Supplies:


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used for this project.









You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!