Sizzix Embroidery Hoop with Embroidered Flowers

by - 3:55:00 PM

Sizzix’s Spring 2024 release recently dropped and it is full of beautiful spring and summer dies, plus some great staples! 

Paper embroidery hoop created with the Sizzix Eileen Hull Embroidery Hoop Bigz die and the Fabulous Bold Flora die; stitching added with embroidery floss.

First, I just want to say how excited I am to be back for another year of inspiration as a member of Sizzix’s Creative Design Team! We have a few other returning members plus some new members! I hope that you head over to my Instagram account and check out the announcement post. I’ve tagged all of the other design team members so make sure you give them all a follow! Everyone has their own design style and you’ll get endless inspiration on how to use all of Sizzix’s amazing products from each of them! 

Paper embroidery hoop created with the Sizzix Eileen Hull Embroidery Hoop Bigz die and the Fabulous Bold Flora die; stitching added with embroidery floss.

Now back to this project! Of course my first project with this latest release had to be with some of the new flower dies! I paired the new Fabulous Bold Flora die with the new Embroidery Hoop Bigz die and I think it’s a match made in heaven. I did add in some leaf dies from some older die sets—because it’s always good to use your old dies too, and I even added some embroidery to some of the flowers! 

Paper embroidery hoop created with the Sizzix Eileen Hull Embroidery Hoop Bigz die and the Fabulous Bold Flora die; stitching added with embroidery floss.

So let’s talk about how I did this project. I started out by cutting the embroidery hoop from some chipboard 3 times. I glued all of the layers together with the Sizzix Express Glue

Paper embroidery hoop created with the Sizzix Eileen Hull Embroidery Hoop Bigz die and the Fabulous Bold Flora die; stitching added with embroidery floss.

I then cut the embroidery hoop from some brown Sizzix cardstock and from some the brushed gold from the Gold Opulent cardstock pack. I trimmed the gold down with a pair of scissors then glued the brown and gold on with the same liquid adhesive. 

Paper embroidery hoop created with the Sizzix Eileen Hull Embroidery Hoop Bigz die and the Fabulous Bold Flora die; stitching added with embroidery floss.

I traced the round part of the embroidery hoop onto some Smooth White Cardstock and cut it out with a pair of scissors. I glued the white cardstock onto the back of the embroidery hoop. Pro tip: A large acrylic stamp block or small clothes pins will help you adhere all of these layers together well. 

Paper embroidery hoop created with the Sizzix Eileen Hull Embroidery Hoop Bigz die and the Fabulous Bold Flora die; stitching added with embroidery floss.

I then set to work cutting out the Fabulous Bold Flora from various cardstocks. I decided to go with pinks, yellows and oranges for the flower colors. I also cut out the ladybug and bee from this set (the bee's wings were cut from vellum). I also cut some leaves from the Floral Cluster and the Layered Summer Flowers dies from some green cardstocks. 

Paper embroidery hoop created with the Sizzix Eileen Hull Embroidery Hoop Bigz die and the Fabulous Bold Flora die; stitching added with embroidery floss.

Before glueing all the flower layers together, I punched holes in the flowers. I then used the needle to thread some coordinating embroidery floss through the flowers. Any leaf or flower that hung over the edge of the embroidery hoop I left un-embroidered. 


Update: download my Stitching Guide or watch my Video Tutorial!

Paper embroidery hoop created with the Sizzix Eileen Hull Embroidery Hoop Bigz die and the Fabulous Bold Flora die; stitching added with embroidery floss.

I went up the petals on the larger flowers and added some French knots to the centers. On the smallest flowers, I only added some French knots to the centers. On two of the flowers, I also strung on some beads in the midst the knots, using the Sorbet and Gold Sequins and Beads sets. 

Paper embroidery hoop created with the Sizzix Eileen Hull Embroidery Hoop Bigz die and the Fabulous Bold Flora die; stitching added with embroidery floss.

I decided I wanted to hide the messy backs of each embroidered flower. So I cut those flowers a second time. I used some Sticky Squares and Foam Squares from Scrapbook.com to adhere the flower layers together. For the smallest flowers, I offset the back layer to create a fuller flower. 

Paper embroidery hoop created with the Sizzix Eileen Hull Embroidery Hoop Bigz die and the Fabulous Bold Flora die; stitching added with embroidery floss.

I then adhered all of the flowers and leaves to the embroidery hoop using Foam Adhesive and Express Glue. I used a mix of 1mm, 2mm and 3mm thick foam adhesives to put the flowers, bee and ladybug all at different heights. Then I added a little gold butterfly charm from Prima’s Miel collection, using a couple of gold jump rings to attach it. 

Now the question is what should I do with this little embroidery hoop? Leave it as is? Put it onto a card? Or turn it into a mini album? Cast your vote in the comments below; and until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


Scrapbook.com, Spellbinders & Sizzix

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com, Spellbinders and Sizzix. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used for this project.












You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!