Infinite Creativity Mixed Media ATC Tutorial

by - 11:30:00 AM

What I love about the Sizzix Infinite Doodles collection, is that you have infinite creativity. And because I love mixed media, I wanted to create a project with this collection of dies that reflected the creativity of mixed media.
Paint palette ATCs decorated with Sizzix mediums, die cut paintbrushes made from the Infinite Doodles collection of dies, sequin and bead mix, and Prima Marketing Christmas Market flowers.

Art mediums are a staple of mixed media and I wanted to create some little ATCs that showcased some art mediums, but also make a set of brushes using the Infinite Doodles dies. So let's get into this tutorial! 

Paint palette ATCs decorated with Sizzix mediums, die cut paintbrushes made from the Infinite Doodles collection of dies, sequin and bead mix, and Prima Marketing Christmas Market flowers.

I started by covering these ATCs from The Mixed Palette with white gesso. Gesso has "tooth" to it. It grips to surfaces easily and allows you to paint those surfaces with other mediums. It can also protect more delicate surfaces that would otherwise soak up the wetness of mediums and cause those surfaces to warp or wrinkle. 

Paint palette ATCs decorated with Sizzix mediums, die cut paintbrushes made from the Infinite Doodles collection of dies, sequin and bead mix, and Prima Marketing Christmas Market flowers.

Once the gesso was dry, I applied Sizzix's Dimensional Paste through a stencil. I chose one that looks like little circles of paint on the palettes. Set these aside to dry while you work on the paintbrushes.

Paint palette ATCs decorated with Sizzix mediums, die cut paintbrushes made from the Infinite Doodles collection of dies, sequin and bead mix, and Prima Marketing Christmas Market flowers.

I selected several long shapes from Infinite Doodles #1 for the handle of the paintbrush and a few smaller shapes for the portion that holds the bristles of the brush. I even chose a thin line die to add the gold detail. For the bristles, I used several different shapes to create several different types of paintbrushes. The pink used the 3 fingered and heart shaped dies for the bristles. The yellow used a long shape with a point on one end and the green used the zig zag offcuts from one of the plate dies from Infinite Doodles #2

Paint palette ATCs decorated with Sizzix mediums, die cut paintbrushes made from the Infinite Doodles collection of dies, sequin and bead mix, and Prima Marketing Christmas Market flowers.

When cutting these shapes, I used simple addition, layering the shapes together to create each paintbrush. I snipped the small gold lines to fit each paintbrush with a pair of scissors after glueing it in place. And I also cut the zig zag offcuts in half to help build up the green paintbrush and make the bristles thick. When they were glued on, I trimmed down the bristles to a more appropriate length. I used a variety of cardstock to cut my paintbrushes from, including the classic Assorted, Muted and Gold Opulent Surfacez packs. Assemble your paintbrushes using Sizzix's Express Glue, then set these aside.

Paint palette ATCs decorated with Sizzix mediums, die cut paintbrushes made from the Infinite Doodles collection of dies, sequin and bead mix, and Prima Marketing Christmas Market flowers.

After the Dimensional Paste has dried, paint over the entire ATC with one of Sizzix's Creamy Matte Acrylic Paints. I chose Cherry Blossom, Limoncello and Agave. Once the paint has dried, highlight the texture of the Dimensional Paste by buffing some wax over the top. 

Paint palette ATCs decorated with Sizzix mediums, die cut paintbrushes made from the Infinite Doodles collection of dies, sequin and bead mix, and Prima Marketing Christmas Market flowers.

Now let's decorate the ATCs with our paintbrushes and some other embellishments! I chose two sets of flowers from Prima Marketing's Christmas Market collection, using one of each color flower from both of the sets. These colors match the paints I chose really well. 

Paint palette ATCs decorated with Sizzix mediums, die cut paintbrushes made from the Infinite Doodles collection of dies, sequin and bead mix, and Prima Marketing Christmas Market flowers.

I also took one lace snowflake from the Lace Trim from the Christmas Market collection and trimmed the spokes of the lace snowflake apart. This turns them into leaf-like lace drops that you can tuck under the flowers wherever you want!

Paint palette ATCs decorated with Sizzix mediums, die cut paintbrushes made from the Infinite Doodles collection of dies, sequin and bead mix, and Prima Marketing Christmas Market flowers.

Use some Heavy Body Gel to glue all of your flowers in place, tucking the lace and some sisal fibers under them. Then use some Scrapbook.com 1/8" Foam Adhesive Strips to mount your paintbrush to the ATC. You can use some additional Heavy Body Gel to help the foam stick to down better. 

Paint palette ATCs decorated with Sizzix mediums, die cut paintbrushes made from the Infinite Doodles collection of dies, sequin and bead mix, and Prima Marketing Christmas Market flowers.

Add a few gems from the coordinating Say It In Crystals from Prima. Then pipe a little clear glue onto each ATC in random spots and sprinkle on some beads from some of Sizzix's Sequins and Beads mixes. I used Ballet Slipper, Gold and Mint Julep. 

And voilà! You have some adorable little paint palette ATCs each adorned with pretty embellishments and a cute little paintbrush. If you decide to create your own little Infinite Doodles Paint Palettes, don't forget to share on socials and tag me. I love to see how I've inspired you to create! 
Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


Scrapbook.com & Sizzix

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com and Sizzix. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.












You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!