Dragonfly Paradise Mixed Media Canvas with Reneabouquets

by - 1:00:00 AM

I’m so excited to be back for another Reneabouquets guest design! I’m enjoying the warmer weather and wanted to create a fun and colorful mixed media canvas.


The Enchanted Garden Dragonflies and Violet Heart Frame in pretty pinks and lime green that I used in this mixed media project are the perfect match for Prima Marketing's new Postcards from Paradise collection, a summery collection with pretty flowers in pink and lime green!


To create the background, I applied some modeling paste through the Rocket Science stencil onto a 6 inch round canvas. Once that was dry, I spritzed on Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stain in Kitsch Flamingo as well as a little bit of the Distress Mica Stain in Cocktail Party for just a hint of shimmer. 


I love how these sprays react with water, helping create an almost watercolor-like background. 


I used a Mirror Frames Mould from Finnabair, using resin, as the base for my flower cluster. I painted it with a lime green metallic paint, spritzed it with water, and then wiped off the excess paint to bring back the highlights. 


Around and on the resin frame, I added some of the larger pink and green flowers from the Postcards from Paradise collection. I also die cut some small monstera leaves from the 6x6 paper pad from this collection. I gave the leaves a little bend down the center to add dimension and tucked these and leaf ephemera from the collection among the paper flowers. 


I also added some of the Beautiful Bits Spring chipboard pieces covered in Distress Glaze in Kitsch Flamingo. I love how these round little pieces of chipboard just peek out from the flowers and other elements in the canvas! I also tucked in some of the Drop Leaf Lace under these flowers


Some medium sized flowers got added on top of that first layer of flowers along with more of the Drop Leaf Lace. These are the pieces that directly hold up the Small Violet Heart Frame. I even used one of the Beautiful Bits Spring chipboard pieces to help level this layer out so the frame would be level and even. 


After I popped on the Small Violet Heart Frame, I added even more flowers, ephemera, die cut leaves and the Beautiful Bits Spring chipboard pieces. Some small flowers got tucked in around the canvas and then I added a good dose of Gawdie Girl Glitter Glass Pale Pink and Lime Green to the flowers, matching the glitter glass to the color of the flower it was being applied to. 


To finish off the project, I added an Enchanted Garden Dragonfly and Tiny Treasures Enchanted Garden Dragonfly to the top of each side of the flower cluster. I also added a few Delicate Beauty Butterfly Kisses. And because I firmly believe you can never have too much sparkle, I popped on a few pink and green gems to this project, matching the color of the gem to the background it was being glued to. 

I hope that you love this summery and colorful project! The dragonflies just add the perfect delicate touch to this mixed media project and I love how they just tie everything in together, creating a little bit of paradise on canvas!
Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:




Reneabouquets










Amazon

I am an affiliate with Amazon. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.






Scrapbook.com & Spellbinders

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com and Spellbinders. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.










You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!