Bright & Colorful Christmas Tags with New Scrapbook.com Stamps

by - 7:00:00 PM

Fun and bright colors can be a welcome change to the traditional holiday red and green.

Bright Christmas tags made with: Scrapbook.com nested tags, bold numbers large stamp, christmas trees stamp, winter wishes and spruce sprigs stamp, pops of color in deep orchid lavender luster and pixie; Tim Holtz distress ink peeled paint, distress oxide wilted violet

Bright purple and green can be such a fun color combination! I honestly love non-traditional holiday colors, but tend to stick to the cool blues and grays. So I wanted to try something different for myself—something bright! 

Bright Christmas tags made with: Scrapbook.com nested tags, bold numbers large stamp, christmas trees stamp, winter wishes and spruce sprigs stamp, pops of color in deep orchid lavender luster and pixie; Tim Holtz distress ink peeled paint, distress oxide wilted violet

Scrapbook.com sent me some of their newest products to play with and I was immediately drawn to some of the stamp sets I used for these two tags. I used a total of three different stamp sets for this project, but love how they all pair so nicely together. I used the Bold Numbers Large set, Christmas Trees (a set where you can build your own layered trees), and Winter Wishes and Spruce Sprigs set. 

Bright Christmas tags made with: Scrapbook.com nested tags, bold numbers large stamp, christmas trees stamp, winter wishes and spruce sprigs stamp, pops of color in deep orchid lavender luster and pixie; Tim Holtz distress ink peeled paint, distress oxide wilted violet

To start, I cut two tags using the Nested Tags die set from some white cardstock. I used my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform, but you can use your Misti platform or even some clear acrylic stamp blocks for your stamping. I prefer a stamping platform for layered dies as it’s a lot less fuss to line up your stamps just right. I also like it for brand new acrylic stamps where I might need more than one impression to get a good image. I also recommend a stamp press tool, such as the LDRS Stampendable, or the the new one from Pinkfresh. I’ve used both and they both work wonderfully. I personally like that the Pinkfresh stamp press tool is square, allowing me to get right into the corner of the stamp platform, and that it is made from zero plastic! 

Bright Christmas tags made with: Scrapbook.com nested tags, bold numbers large stamp, christmas trees stamp, winter wishes and spruce sprigs stamp, pops of color in deep orchid lavender luster and pixie; Tim Holtz distress ink peeled paint, distress oxide wilted violet

For the tree tag, I started by stamping the solid wide tree layer in peeled paint Distress Ink. This solid stamp took a few passes to get a good impression, especially since I used Distress Ink over using an Oxide. But I like the slight variance of shading that makes it look a little vintage. I then stamped the layer in Distress Oxide in wilted violet. Oxide covers whatever is under it so wherever the purple is, it will block out the green nicely. 

Bright Christmas tags made with: Scrapbook.com nested tags, bold numbers large stamp, christmas trees stamp, winter wishes and spruce sprigs stamp, pops of color in deep orchid lavender luster and pixie; Tim Holtz distress ink peeled paint, distress oxide wilted violet


I also stamped a solid star from the Christmas Tree stamp set as well as a sentiment from the Winter Wishes and Spruce Sprigs stamp set in the same wilted violet ink. I then added on dots of Pops of Color in Lavender Luster and Deep Orchid to create the ornaments on the tree. I also added a bit of the Lavender Luster glitter over the star as well. 

Bright Christmas tags made with: Scrapbook.com nested tags, bold numbers large stamp, christmas trees stamp, winter wishes and spruce sprigs stamp, pops of color in deep orchid lavender luster and pixie; Tim Holtz distress ink peeled paint, distress oxide wilted violet

For the 25 tag, I started by stamping the solid 25 from the Bold Numbers Large set in the same Distress Ink in peeled paint. These solid stamps also took a few impressions for a good image, but again, I wasn’t looking for perfection here, but a slightly distressed look.

Bright Christmas tags made with: Scrapbook.com nested tags, bold numbers large stamp, christmas trees stamp, winter wishes and spruce sprigs stamp, pops of color in deep orchid lavender luster and pixie; Tim Holtz distress ink peeled paint, distress oxide wilted violet

Next I stamped the 25 outline in Distress Oxide in wilted violet, offsetting it a little for a bit of whimsy. I then stamped the girl holding the pile of packages from the Winter Wishes and Spruce Sprigs set using the same Distress Oxide. For a finishing sparkly touch, I added a few drops of Pops of Color in Pixie to the numbers. Once the Pops of Color were dry on both tags, I added some shimmery green and purple ribbon. These simple tags are fun, fast and easy to make, plus they will look so cute on a package. Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used for this project.










You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!