Organization Solutions for Paper Crafters

by - 6:00:00 AM

It's time for a little paper craft supply organization ideas!

IKEA Kallax Shelves, apothecary jars, Scrapbook.com Pops of Color organizer

Just over 5 years ago, we moved into a bigger house and for the first time ever, I got a dedicated craft room! It's changed a lot since we first moved in. I got a Create Room Workbox 2.0 not long after moving in. Then later on, I got a new craft desk because the one I had was falling apart. 

I'm not one for just throwing away pieces of furniture so I used the two shelves of the desk separately for additional storage in my craft room. But my space still wasn't really working for me. I had my sewing machine and typewriter on wobbly cube storage from Hobby Lobby and my rolling cart was stuffed to the brim. I knew I needed some bigger storage to replace the cubes and lighten the load in my rolling cart. 

IKEA Kallax Shelves

So I purchased two IKEA Kallax shelves for the half wall in my scrap loft. My goal was to make this new storage both pretty and functional while still hiding a lot of the goods. I don't like to see all of my supplies in plain view as I think that gets overwhelming. I was on a mission to buy hidden and open storage that would suit both of those needs. 

IKEA Kallax Shelves, Container Store blush boxes and aqua baskets, Tim Holtz tins, Scrapbook.com albums

Now let's move left to right on this unit and I'll go over what is in each of the cubbies and bins! On this side of the unit, I placed my altered box that I store all of my cast resin pieces in and my sewing machine on top. Next to it is an apothecary jar full of Prima flowers and some pearl baubles. On the ledge above are some finished mixed media pieces, a tin full of finished cards and a little storage piece with some of my tags and special limited edition holiday Distress Crayons in it. 

IKEA Kallax Shelves, WeRMK Stitch Happy sewing machine

Just under these is a cubby with a 12x12 white storage box from Hobby Lobby that holds embellishments for my sister's wedding album and a medium sized aqua wire basket from the Container Store that holds all of my flowers from Reneabouquets. At the back of the basket are my 6x8 page protectors--it was just a handy place to put them for now. I'm sure I'll make changes to this space as I figure out what really suits my needs.

Under that cubby is one that holds two of the 9x12 dusty rose velvet albums from Scrapbook.com. I'll be creating scrapbooks for my niece in these. I also have one 12x12 magazine style holder from Scrapbook.com that is storing some pads of 12x12 paper. 

IKEA Kallax Shelves, Container Store blush boxes and aqua baskets, Tim Holtz tins, Scrapbook.com albums

In the next cubby are all of my tins that hold my Distress Inks and Oxides. I used to keep the Inks and Oxides in separate tins, but I decided to just store by color, putting my Inks and Oxides together. That's because when I need some ink, I always think of color first and then by ink type. Also, when I create backgrounds, I like to use both!

In the cubby below that is a blush pink photo box from the Container Store. It holds some of my lesser used art mediums like micro beads and tinted mica flakes. The blush pink 6x8 album will store my smaller stencils. (I currently have them stored in storage envelopes tucked inside the album until the 6x8 page protectors come back in stock. Gotta love those supply chain issues!) Behind the blush pink box are two frost storage bins from Scrapbook.com. One holds some lesser used odds and ends while the one on top holds all of my silicone moulds.

IKEA Kallax Shelves, Container Store aqua baskets, Scrapbook.com magazine holder


Up next is another 12x12 magazine style holder that stores my larger stencils. In the wire basket next to it are all of my embellishments for the Prima Marketing Miel collection, from flowers to gems to fabric and trim.

IKEA Kallax Shelves, Scrapbook.com albums

Below that are five mint 6x8 albums that hold the majority of my stamps. The pocket pages make it easy to organize and flip through all of your stamps! Each album holds a different theme or grouping, such as holidays, alpha and floral. 

IKEA Kallax Shelves, Container Store blush boxes and aqua baskets, Tim Holtz tins, Scrapbook.com albums

In the center of the two units together I have a large stadium craft organizer from Scrapbook.com that holds my Tim Holtz stamps, favorite adhesives, tools and a few embellishments. Next to it is my felt board with a saying that I'm sure you can all relate to: "I want *all* the craft supplies!"

IKEA Kallax Shelves, Scrapbook.com organizer

In the first cubby below I have an ink pad organizer that is holding my Reneabouquet embellishments (dragonflies, bees, butterflies and some chipboard pieces). Next to that are two plush 6x8 mint albums for my niece (and maybe one for myself, lol)!  

IKEA Kallax Shelves, Container Store aqua baskets, Scrapbook.com ink storage

Below that cubby is another 12x12 white box that holds more wedding album supplies and a blush pink box that is holding some stickers. I also have a little pink 4x4 album from American crafts to make a mini album for my niece. 

IKEA Kallax Shelves, Container Store blush boxes, Hobby Lobby 12x12 white storage box

Next up is another white box with keepsakes and photos waiting to be scrapped from my sister's wedding. The blush pink box stores all of my extra adhesives (I hate running out so I always have some in back stock). I also have my rose gold planner on this shelf.

Below that are my two dusty rose velvet 6x8 albums (again for my niece). I also have my tin storing my Distress Oxide Sprays (my other sprays are in my Workbox) and a tin for few alcohol inks that I own.

IKEA Kallax Shelves, Scrapbook.com Pops of Color organizer

Next on top is my Typecast typewriter. This thing is pretty heavy so I'm glad to have it on something much more sturdy. Below that are my Pops of Color. I think I'd like to get a spice rack organizer that makes the cases in the back easier to access, but for now, this works!

IKEA Kallax Shelves, Container Store aqua baskets, Scrapbook.com 6x8 storage

Below that is a 6x8 storage unit that holds my pocket card dies in a storage envelope and my 6x8 paper pads. In the wire basket next to it are all the flowers for my sister's wedding album. (I know, there's a lot of flowers in there!)

IKEA Kallax Shelves, Container Store blush boxes, Tim Holtz tins, Scrapbook.com ink storage

The next cubby holds all of my A2 sized smooth cardstock pads from Scrapbook.com, sorted in an ink pad storage unit. The blush pink box holds smaller trims for my sister's wedding album and the two tins on top, one for my Distress Crayons and the other for my Distress Blending Brushes

Below that is a 9x12 mint album that I'll be placing some of our old family photos in. Then one of the two 12x12 magazine style holder has paper pads while the other holds all of my Heidi Swapp Minc foil rolls and some of the ephemera pieces you can foil.

IKEA Kallax Shelves, Container Store blush boxes and aqua baskets, Tim Holtz tins, Scrapbook.com albums


The final upper cubby has two plush mint 9x12 albums (for my niece--my sister takes a ton of photos!) and my pocket cards in the pocket card organizer. I got the one with the cool tone divider inserts to match all the aqua in my craft room. 

The final lower cubby has a white box filled with all of Prima's Something Blue collection I purchased for my sister's wedding album that I still have left. The wire basket on top of it holds the larger trims from her wedding that I'll either use in her album or in other craft projects. 

IKEA Kallax Shelves, apothecary jars, Scrapbook.com Pops of Color organizer

And finally, the top on the right side holds my favorite shades of Pops of Color in a 1 oz colorcase, my other planner and two apothecary jars full of Prima flowers and some pearl baubles. Above on the ledge is my mini metal bathtub that holds a bunch of my lace and trims. 

And that is a tour of my new storage unit! I hope to replace my rug at some point to match my color scheme better and get a better overhead light at some point, but all in good time, right?  Let me know in the comments below if you want me to open anything up and show you the insides of! Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


IKEA

Kallax 8 Cube Unit in White



The Container Store

Blush Pink Bigso Stockholm Photo Storage Box

Medium Aqua Wire Storage Basket with Handles



Hobby Lobby

12x12 White Storage Box



Amazon

Set of 3 Apothecary Jars



Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are the storage pieces in these shelves.









You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. Beautiful organization! Thank you for sharing your beautiful craft room pictures and ideas! How do you create your labels? Is that freehand or is there a way to make these labels! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just used my computer to type them up. I printed them out on cardstock and then used my paper trimmer to cut them apart. If you like the font, it's called Willow Bloom. I can't remember where I got it from but if you Google "Willow Bloom font" I bet you'll find it!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts!