2 Easy Father's Day Dad Joke Cards with Pops of Color

by - 2:34:00 PM

Quick cards are perfect for those times when we are busy.

Father's Day pun card created with: Scrapbook.com pops of color teal twinkle, festive alpha die set, mixed stripes stencil, craft scraper; Tim Holtz distress oxide salvaged patina and peacock feathers, metallic kraft stock

Both of these Father's Day cards are super simple and make use of a handful of supplies--but of course Pops of Color is one of those supplies! I also used dies, stamps, a stencil, paint and ink. 

Father's Day pun card created with: Scrapbook.com pops of color teal twinkle, festive alpha die set, mixed stripes stencil, craft scraper; Tim Holtz distress oxide salvaged patina and peacock feathers, metallic kraft stock

Like my last card, I also made use of dad jokes/puns because you can't celebrate dad without some silly jokes. But let's hop right into these easy and quick card tutorials and not waste any time!

Father's Day dad joke card created with: Scrapbook.com pops of color olive, foam adhesive, gold reinker; Spellbinders painter's palette die; Tim Holtz metallic kraft; Pinkfresh Studio gold pearls

I'll start with the teal card first. I started out by using a domed foam blender to add Distress Oxide in salvaged patina to solar white cardstock. I like these blenders from Scrapbook.com because they give a really smooth blend. I then applied the teal twinkle Pops of Color through the mixed stripe stencil using a craft scraper. (Make sure to hold your stencil in place with mint tape to make it easy!)

Father's Day pun card created with: Scrapbook.com pops of color teal twinkle, festive alpha die set, mixed stripes stencil, craft scraper; Tim Holtz distress oxide salvaged patina and peacock feathers, metallic kraft stock

I then cut out "Teal-ly" from Tim Holtz kraft metallic cardstock and black kraft stock using the Festive alpha die set. I glued the alphas together, creating a drop shadow with the black. This creates a nice dimension without using foam adhesive.

Father's Day pun card created with: Scrapbook.com pops of color teal twinkle, festive alpha die set, mixed stripes stencil, craft scraper; Tim Holtz distress oxide salvaged patina and peacock feathers, metallic kraft stock

I stamped out the rest of my sentiment using alpha stamps and trimmed them down. I glued all of my elements down onto my background once it dried and added some dots of Pops of Color. Once it was all dry, I used foam adhesive to adhere the card down onto a card base. 

Father's Day dad joke card created with: Scrapbook.com pops of color olive, foam adhesive, gold reinker; Spellbinders painter's palette die; Tim Holtz metallic kraft; Pinkfresh Studio gold pearls

For the mini slimline "paint of heart" card, I splattered gold ink from Scrapbook.com's gold metallic reinker onto a card matte. I set this aside to dry and cut out the paint tube from the Spellbinder's painter's palette die set. I added a tiny heart using the Tim Holtz cozy winter die, but you can also stamp or draw a heart on too. 

Father's Day dad joke card created with: Scrapbook.com pops of color olive, foam adhesive, gold reinker; Spellbinders painter's palette die; Tim Holtz metallic kraft; Pinkfresh Studio gold pearls

I assembled the pieces and then glued it down on the card. I used Smart Glue to glue the tube opening down and a piece of foam to glue the top of the tube down to give it some dimension. I used my typewriter (you can also use your computer and printer) to type up the sentiment and matted it on gold kraft stock. I then created the dollop of paint with the olive Pops of Color. I finished it off with a few gold pearls

I just love how these cards turned out! Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:



Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used for the "Teal-ly Love You" card.




Below are products that I used for the "Paint of Heart" card.









You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!