Lemon Bee Card with Reneabouquets, Prima Marketing and Tim Holtz

by - 6:00:00 AM

As a crafter, you always create for yourself first. But it's so nice to know that others appreciate your work too.


Lemon bee card made with: Reneabouquets lemon bee, drop leaf lace, hearts of glass, printed lemon chipboard, paper flowers: Tim Holtz fossilized amber distress spray and oxide; Scrapbookcom smart glue, gold reinker

I was recently asked by someone to create a card for her mother, a fellow paper crafter, as a surprise. I jumped at the chance to send my work to a fellow crafter--it's so nice to share your work by online and via snail mail!


Her daughter asked if I could create a card based off my lemon bee mixed media canvas Guest Design for Reneabouquets. This mixed media canvas is literally my most favorite project ever to date so I was overjoyed to recreate it in card form.


I used a base of mixed media heavy stock for the card front because it can really take on a lot of wet mediums. I started by applying a layer of 3D gloss gel through a lace stencil onto the card (any texture medium will work for this). Once it was dry, I added a layer of lemon impasto paint to the entire card front.


Once that paint was dry, I layered on Distress Ink Spray Stain and Oxide Spray in fossilized amber, spritzing with water to activate the amazing properties of Distress products. I let the darker sprays collect in the nooks and crannies of the stenciled texture and then gently mopped up the excess with a soft lint free cloth. I then splattered a touch of gold ink by mixing a drop of gold reinker with a drop of water and tapping my loaded paintbrush over the card. 


I sewed on a bit of lace and torn honeycomb embossed paper once the Distress sprays were dry. I cut out a large hexagon from the same honeycomb embossed paper as well as some texture netting dies from white cardstock. I cut up the netting die cut and dabbed embossing ink onto it. I applied Distress Glaze in fossilized amber and melted it with my heat tool. 


I also grabbed a flourish resin piece from my stash (I always cast my resin pieces in big batches and then store all of the cured pieces in a pretty box in my craft room). I painted it with white gesso and once dry, I added the same lemon impasto paint and fossilized amber sprays. When the piece was dry, I dabbed a little bit of Smart Glue onto some of the raised parts of the resin piece. This glue remains tacky once dry so it's perfect for foiling. I burnished some gold foil flakes onto the resin piece.


I then layered on all of my elements. I started by adhering the hexagon die cut with foam adhesive to the base. I then tucked in the netting die pieces, lemon chipboard, flowers, drop leaf lace and garden bouquet lace around the piece. I used heavy body gel for the flowers, lace and resin and foam squares for the chipboard pieces.


To make sure the the lemon bee pops, I placed a large white flower on top of the hexagon. I gently bent the filagree wings of the bee for dimension and then glued her down with some heavy body gel. To finish off the piece, I added a few hearts of glass using glossy accents to glue them in place. I also used glossy accents to add some buttercream glitter glass to the flowers. I hope that you enjoyed this remake of my lemon bee project into a card! Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


ReplicaSurfaces

Love the background I shot my photos on? It's from Replica Surfaces, a company that makes rigid photo-realistic backgrounds. This surface is called Vintage Wood. You can pick up your own with a 15% discount by shopping this link. When you do, I get a small commission from the sale at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to provide you amazing tutorials and information, just like this blog post!


Reneabouquets

Honey, Roses and Leaves Mulberry Paper Flowers

Honey, Wild Roses, Gardenia and Leaves Paper Flower Set

Beautiful Beads Hearts of Glass

Gawdie Girl Hand Tinted Buttercream Chunky Glitter Glass

Drop Leaf Lace

Garden Bouquet Lace

Printed Beautiful Board Small Tuck It In Lemon Blossoms Laser Cut Chipboard

Printed Beautiful Board Tiny Lemon Blossom Branches Laser Cut Chipboard

Lemon Blossom Bees Premium Paper Body & Double Wing Layers


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are some of the products that I used for this project or similar ones.








You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!