Creating Matching Paper Tags with Prima's Miel Collection

by - 2:40:00 PM

Creating a matching set of tags is a great way to use up some supplies and to work on shapes and mirroring. 

Paper honey bee gift tags created with: Prima Markeing Miel collection papers, flowers, charms, crystals; Tim Holtz foundry wax gilded, crinkle ribbon; Reneabouquets glitter glass, lace

And I have to admit that using up my supplies is something I need to be better about! So I was on a mission to create two tags using elements from the Miel collection from Prima Marketing. 

Paper honey bee gift tags created with: Prima Markeing Miel collection papers, flowers, charms, crystals; Tim Holtz foundry wax gilded, crinkle ribbon; Reneabouquets glitter glass, lace

I started out by selecting two blue/mint and white background papers, cutting them into a tag shape. I added a little texture to the tags by distressing the edges with a distress tool. I then chose some elements that were sort like pocket cards but were a little longer and contained a frame element. I cut the window out, distressed the edges and tore the bottom edge and then adhered it to the tag with a bit of foam adhesive.

Paper honey bee gift tags created with: Prima Markeing Miel collection papers, flowers, charms, crystals; Tim Holtz foundry wax gilded, crinkle ribbon; Reneabouquets glitter glass, lace

I selected some pieces of chipboard from Prima and Creative Embellishments, then added a bit of gold Foundry Wax to each piece, heating them to foil them. I didn't worry about covering each piece perfectly to keep with that distressed look. I glued these chipboard pieces down with a little bit of liquid adhesive. 

Paper honey bee gift tags created with: Prima Markeing Miel collection papers, flowers, charms, crystals; Tim Holtz foundry wax gilded, crinkle ribbon; Reneabouquets glitter glass, lace

I wanted to add a shabby chic natural element so I painted a couple of small sticks with white gesso and then added dabs of crackle paste. Once they were dry, I began layering on the sticks and paper flowers, glueing it all down with heavy body gel. 

Paper honey bee gift tags created with: Prima Markeing Miel collection papers, flowers, charms, crystals; Tim Holtz foundry wax gilded, crinkle ribbon; Reneabouquets glitter glass, lace

I tucked in bits of lace as I went and even added a little lace under the frame pocket card elements. Once the heavy body gel had dried just a little, I added glossy accents to the pink and peach flowers and sprinkled on pale pink glitter glass. I did the same for the teal/mint flowers but added ocean glitter glass to those. For each color of glitter glass, I tapped off the excess and poured it back into their corresponding jars. 

Paper honey bee gift tags created with: Prima Markeing Miel collection papers, flowers, charms, crystals; Tim Holtz foundry wax gilded, crinkle ribbon; Reneabouquets glitter glass, lace

I used my Crop-a-dile to punch a hole in the top of the tag and add an eyelet. I strung through a little bit of crinkle ribbon as well as a bee charm strung onto gold thread and tied in a bow. To finish it off, I added a chipboard heart sticker to each tag, a few gems and sentiment ephemera pieces.

Paper honey bee gift tags created with: Prima Markeing Miel collection papers, flowers, charms, crystals; Tim Holtz foundry wax gilded, crinkle ribbon; Reneabouquets glitter glass, lace

I love that these tags didn't take long at all to create and there is something so beautiful in their simplicity. I hope you love them too and try out creating a pair of matching tags. Until next time, happy crafting!
Adrienne

Shop the Supplies:


ReplicaSurfaces

Love the background I shot my photos on? It's from Replica Surfaces, a company that makes rigid photo-realistic backgrounds. This surface is called Seafoam. You can pick up your own with a 15% discount by shopping this link. When you do, I get a small commission from the sale at no extra cost to you, which helps me continue to provide you amazing tutorials and information, just like this blog post!


Reneabouquets

Garden Bouquet Lace

Gawdie Girl Glitter Glass in Ocean

Gawdie Girl Glitter Glass in Pale Pink


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you. This helps me balance the costs of the time and love I put into my projects and blog so I can continue to share my ideas with you for FREE. If you shop the links, thank you! I greatly appreciate it.


Below are products that I used or similar products.




You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!