Cultivate Kindness: Stenciled Blue and Yellow Card for Ukraine

by - 5:50:00 PM

We could all use a little more kindness in the world.

Card for Ukraine made with: Scrapbook.com pops of color in royal blue and sunshine, scissors; Simon Hurley Create stencil the loo!; Tim Holtz seasonal sketch die; Pinkfresh essentials jewels

***Note: At the bottom of this blog post is a list of linked supplies or similar ones that I used to create this card. If you choose to shop those links, I will donate the commission I earn from your purchase to the charity World Central Kitchenhelping to support families fleeing Ukraine and residents remaining in the country by serving them fresh meals. I’m happy to answer questions you have or share a receipt of the donation with you. Just email me at alice@alicescrapswonderland.com.***

Card for Ukraine made with: Scrapbook.com pops of color in royal blue and sunshine, scissors; Simon Hurley Create stencil the loo!; Tim Holtz seasonal sketch die; Pinkfresh essentials jewels

With the war in Ukraine entering its second month, it has been weighing heavily on my mind still. I am still in awe of the bravery of the Ukrainian people, but I am also in awe of all those who are reaching out to help in any way they can. Even in the worst of times, the beacon of kindness and humanity shines brightly--but we still need more of that kindness!

I made an inked sunflower card about strength previously, but this time I wanted to try a stenciled card. I chose this particular stencil from Simon Hurley because it reminds me of a flower. Now let's get into this easy and quick tutorial. 

Card for Ukraine made with: Scrapbook.com pops of color in royal blue and sunshine, scissors; Simon Hurley Create stencil the loo!; Tim Holtz seasonal sketch die; Pinkfresh essentials jewels

I started out by stenciling a sheet of blue and a sheet of yellow Pops of Color, using two of the newest colors from Scrapbook.com. Once those were dry, I cut out a strip of the yellow. I attached the blue background to a card and then used some foam adhesive to attach the yellow strip to the blue. 

Card for Ukraine made with: Scrapbook.com pops of color in royal blue and sunshine, scissors; Simon Hurley Create stencil the loo!; Tim Holtz seasonal sketch die; Pinkfresh essentials jewels

I again used the seasonal sketch die from Tim Holtz to create my sunflower. This time I used a warm yellow cardstock and a yellow-gold glitter cardstock, cutting three of each. I shaped these die cuts and glued them together. 

Card for Ukraine made with: Scrapbook.com pops of color in royal blue and sunshine, scissors; Simon Hurley Create stencil the loo!; Tim Holtz seasonal sketch die; Pinkfresh essentials jewels

I added some brown gems to the center of the flower and glued it onto the card front using Glossy Accents. I added a sentiment sticker about kindness, popping it up with a strip of foam adhesive. And remember, art is never useless. Art is comfort. Art is voice. Art is protest. 

Shop the Supplies:


***Note: If you choose to shop the links below, I will donate the commission I earn from your purchase to the charity World Central Kitchen, helping to support families fleeing Ukraine and residents remaining in the country by serving them fresh meals. I’m happy to answer questions you have or share a receipt of the donation with you. Just email me at alice@alicescrapswonderland.com.***


Scrapbook.com

I am an affiliate with Scrapbook.com. When you shop the links below, I receive a small commission from the affiliate, at no additional cost to you.


Below are products that I used or similar products.










You May Also Like

0 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!